peanut butter & cheese sandwiches

Options
124»

Replies

• bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was at a restaurant recently that had a grilled PB, banana, and bacon sandwich. I was intrigued but def didn't have the cal allowance for the meal to be able to try it.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    fwiw, elvis' favorite sandwich was grilled PB& bananna.

also, thrilled that my PB&C army continues to grow.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    pb and cheese ick I can't think of anything more yuckier than that, sorry
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    pb and cheese ick I can't think of anything more yuckier than that, sorry

have you tried it? I've already converted one of you this week. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Mmmm peanut butter and cheese whiz sandwiches. I'll have to try with just regular cheese.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It may sound disgusting and I was very against it when my husband would bring it up but it's soooooo good

I've had one on a potato roll for dinner the past two nights
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Have to admit... I was the converted one...

Here's the RIGHT recipe though... you gotta go with CHEDDAR cheese, I had sharp cheddar. It stands up to the peanut butter flavor. And, add some hot sauce... it works, I promise. I used Texas Pete's original. And grill the thing...

Yeah... not so happy that I was converted... because just thinking about it now makes me want to have one for dinner! I know... late for dinner but I burned a bunch of calories staying at the gym... so... hmmm... may have one tonight!

It does sound awful... I resisted... then I chanced it and... it actually is really quite good!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    and in my saved recipe, with double mild cheddar, it comes in at 502 calories is all. worth it.