Question for the guys

Options
13»

Replies

• cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it depends on the guy's personality, who you are interested in, and what you like.

My boy now.. well, let's say I had to go after it and flirt with him endlessly before he got the hint. I've also dated a guy who went after me.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I was both, however more of the persuer than the persued. Which is a good thing since my husband was rather shy when I met him, lol. I've also been told I use to come off as "aloof, distant, even cold". Well, that was just my way of making sure I didn't get bothered by someone I wasn't interested in. If I was interested..... the guy would know, no mistake.
  • JSnover
    JSnover Posts: 51
    Options
    She can come to me if shes that interested
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Females are the hunters, the males just don't realize it.

:laugh:

..... until it's too late - for them :devil:
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know how guys feel about this. Many people have told me I should be more flirty/aggressive in order to get dates, but I was always taught you should let the guy do the pursuing. So guys, do you like girls to chase after you or do you like to pursue THEM?

Playful "aggressive" is okay. Nothing wrong with a girl who knows what she likes / wants imo.

I don't have an issue with "chasing" a girl either though, as long as she's enjoying the pursuit.

I'd not follow up on any girl who stonewalled me.

It should be fun, for both of you / us.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Guys get rejected all of the time. It can get a little tiring. Some dudes are really TOO (creepy) aggressive and it makes women nervous and nice guys less willing to make the first move. Nice guys don't want to be viewed as a weird-o. A woman asking me out for coffee or touching my arm a lot sort of gives me the green light that she likes me too. Also let me say this, more than once a woman that I have not thought of as a partner has changed my mind by just flirting. Someone that I may have only viewed as a co-worker or friend's relative is suddenly someone I might build a life with. :wink:

Wow!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Even if you flirt, a lot of guys don't get the message that you're interested in them. Apparently i was once in the same situation where people said that the girl and me looked like bf and gf but to me i just felt like i was just talking to her like a normal person.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was raised that the guy does the pursuing so I always did that. However, after I started to recover last year from my accident, I decided I was done with having regrets so I made the first move. Still glad I did. :-)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been told the same thing, but I don't. I've been flirted with and didn't know it. I just don't see the signs. I thought they were just being friendly. It wasn't until later (much later) that my friends told me she was flirting with me. My reply: "Really? I had no idea. Oh well, too late."

This has happened way too often.

As for your question: I prefer to chase them. That way, I can tell if they are receptive to my advances. Clearly, I can't tell if they are flirting with me...but I'm an idiot, obviously!

i'm with you on this i'm clueless. how clueless am i. i once had a lady friend in class ask me if i ever had s*x on a water bed with lotion if thats not a given sign she was flirting i don't know what is. but i missed out because i didn't catch on. i would like to be inticed
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I think is awesome when a woman approaches me to ask my name and ask if I want to hangout or go out.Ive had it happen a few times and its always the same,awesome.