Do you feel like exercising during your period???

Options
I have done so well until today. I started so now I'm like blah, I dont want to go for my run or walk. How do you get past this? Just do it or take a day or 2 off?

Replies

• Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I always take 2 days off vigorous excerices,but if i have like crazy cramps i usually do 10-15 sit ups and it makes me feel less crampy..!!

But i never do vigorous workouts because i am afraid that since my uterus is fragile,it might get damaged or fall out or something from the impact.. :P :P :D
  • DangerDiv
    DangerDiv Posts: 62
    Options
    OMG, I AM JUST LIKE THIS!!!!

I used to be incredibly thin and when I got my period it was always a big deal (this was just, like, 1-2 years ago, btw... I was like 27). I would work out soooooo much when I didn't have my period, though, that I could certainly afford to take off the entire week and just roll around in pain from cramps.

I'm one of those people that really believe your body will tell you what to do. If your period gets you like me, then do not exercise. I've nearly fainted a few times from my period. Just get back on the proverbial horse when you start to feel better.

That's my theory! I'm not a doctor or anything... just a girl with a vagina.
  • Eccendentesiast
    Options
    Some days if I'm feeling reallyyy crappy I don't exercise besides my normal dancing/horseback riding/etc, and sometimes not even that, but usually I still do because it actually helps ease cramps and everything.
    My periods last 5 days, so I can't really take off that whole time.
    I don't think it's bad to miss a day or so if you really feel sick, though.
    But just like any other day I don't feel like working out, I just get off my *kitten* and push through it.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I really hope you wanted some honest, tough love, so here goes....don't hate me

I give myself a huge kick in the butt and go workout. Feeling "blah" is not a valid excuse for me...being in the hospital is, but not feeling blah. Sometimes you just have to behave your way to success. You will not always feel like working out...but do it anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    The first day I don't have strength to do much but the 2nd day I'm back to normal.
  • mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i dont feel like it but i do even if i change the exercise to take account of the cramps, crunches for me tend to make things worse so i go for a long walk or things that dont involve my stomach just so ive done something as i like to still be doing some sort of exercising, although do try to stick to it as otherwise i find it easy to just not get back into my normal exercise routine
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I feel better when I do.
  • milomog
    milomog Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest and say that my period itself doesn't affect me as regards exercise ...it's the few days before I come on that I find really hard to exercise in. I feel bloated, sore boobs etc but find that as soon as I exercise the adrenaline kicks in and I feel better. It's fair to say that I tone down on the intensity of my workout maybe favouring light weight reps/swimming to running or other high impact exercise. Any activity would be good if you can manage it and you will be aware of your limits. Good luck and keep it up x
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Short answer is heck no, which is really messing up my routine this week. Oh well, next week is a new story.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't like to, but I know it will make me feel better in the long run. So I pop an advil, suit up and go. And then reward myself with a long hot shower after.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Do I feel like it? NO.
    Do I do it? YES!
    Do I feel better after? YES!!

I've also figured out that I can go longer, harder, and faster at the beginning of my cycle. This has empowered me to stop with the excuses and do it!!
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    I was honestly just thinking about posting this topic!!!! I get sooo tired during my period and my cramps sometimes hurt so much they make me fall and not be able to get up :( I slept from 7pm-12pm last night and I just took a shower and feel like I need to go back to bed because it took so much energy... thinking about working out makes me want to hide under a rock. I was thinking about going for a walk, but I'm not so sure.
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Though I hate working out during my period, I at least try to get some walking in. It actually helps with cramping too.
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No I don't but I do. I might be called crazy for this but I give myself a STERN talking to. Cursing and everything lol.
  • Raquelx90
    Raquelx90 Posts: 24
    Options
    Those first two days, I don't bother.

Some people have the stamina to push through the cramps, nausea and aches (all of which I get), but I don't. I don't feel guilty about it, either. Nothing appealing about doing an intense workout when you feel like a bloated beached whale.

Light stretching at most but not full on exercise.
  • SunshineCarrie
    Options
    I know that exercise helps me, so yes, even if I feel sluggish and have cramps, I know I will feel better afterwards and get to work. I feel great after a workout!
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    Nope. That's one week that I award myself a couple of days off. It's not the pain, it's the flow (sorry for the TMI)
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like exercising during my TOM,especially on the second day which is my heaviest day,but i do it. & always feel much better afterwards for doing it. I normally have very heavy periods,bad cramping,clotting etc but this month i've noticed my period has been lighter,some ople have said it could be down to exercising.
    it's your body,you know what's best for you,so if you really can't exercise at this time,don't.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Yeah I do exercise cause that's the time when I feel the fattest so I feel like I need to do it. Plus, exercise helps period pains (which I don't get, thank god haha)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I always feel horrible, exhausted and with joint pain and muscle aches not to mention the cramps. And I have sciatica and lower back problems and it always aggravates that so other then some yoga which is extremely painful to even do that I dont work out the first half of the week and sometimes not even the day before it starts. Glad to hear I am not alone in this.