Feeling physically sick due to sadness?

Options

Replies

• Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been there and it's totally normal, but remember this feeling will pass. I've lived off around 800 cals a day when going through times of stress or depression because the thought of food makes me sick. You'll feel better soon. x
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    yup, it stinks and it is normal....don't let it weigh you down though. Every love and every situation is different,but from my experience,I wallowed for 13 yrs..what a waste of time and life. Grieve,sort through your feelings,not today and maybe not even this week. It is like a surgery,you have to heal, but don't let it continue to hurt you.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry, but this too will pass. Be strong. Keep moving forward.:flowerforyou:
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Since you've already gotten replies similar to what I would've said, I'll just say that breakups suck. I'm sorry you're going through it. It'll pass.Hang in there. :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ugh... yucky, but yes, as everyone is telling you, it's pretty normal. Doesn't mean that it'll happen every time you get sad, but it's not unusual to have physical symptoms along with emotional ones.

Take care of yourself, treat yourself gently, and try to surround yourself with people who love and care about you if you can. I've been there and it always helped to have friends or family close so that I had some good times to balance the bad, and I'm a social eater so that helped too!

You'll probably be bummed for a bit, but I hope your physical symptoms pass quickly.

Good luck to you,
    Jen
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so sorry...grief causes the nausea and lack of appetite. I hope it isn't a messy split and you in time can move on.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon this today, and I am feeling for you. My boyfriend broke up with me today. I can't eat either, but I expected not to. I am so sorry you are grieving. This feeling sucks! I will pray for both of us.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I remember learning about stomach problems in class, and one related cause was emotional distress. Try to stick to easy to digest foods like simple carbs. ((hugs))
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a bit too drained to reply to everyone individually (which I prefer to do instead of one big impersonal reply), but just wanted to say thank you to all of you. Honestly, the kindness and understanding I have recieved on this thread is overwhelming. It means so much to me. Thank you.

As for the eating situation, I feel a little less nauseous. It's 12.49am, so calories have reset anyway. Feeling very weak from the lack of food so drinking a big mug of tea. It's helping :-)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Its called a break-up diet. Its natures way of making us even hotter for an easy replacement! As they say - they best cure for an old love in a new love.
    Trust me :) And I hope that at least made you crack a little smile on such a hard day.
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    yes, i have felt sick from bing sad,it's a normal human reaction
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I dropped 20 pounds in a month after separating from my now ex a few years ago. I knew I was recovering when I started eating again...lol. Try to eat but if you can't don't. It WILL get better:)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its normal for a day or so.
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    and feeling a little nauseous is normal, under the circumstancesit will pass eventually,hang in there.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Its called a break-up diet. Its natures way of making us even hotter for an easy replacement! As they say - they best cure for an old love in a new love.
    Trust me :) And I hope that at least made you crack a little smile on such a hard day.

Oh, hello you!

Yes, I squeezed out a little smile. Just a little one ;)

Sigh. About a new love. I don't know. I don't want to move on yet. I guess I'm still hoping some miracle will happen and we'll get back together and work things out. The last text he sent me said that he doesn't know how it got to this point and that we should give it some time and we'll see where it takes us. As far as I see it, we've broken UP, not on a break, but my heart and arms are still open. I do love him, after all.

Plus, I think it'll look bad if I just get with a new guy. It might hurt him. I guess I'll just grieve for a few months, or however long it takes, see what happens with us and who knows?
  • FrancesBeanz
    Options
    This is totally normal. When my ex husband and I split up I felt that way for months but I promise you that it gets better. Now I look at my ex and I'm like "What the heck was I thinking?"
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    Hug.

I've been there. It's a ***** but I like that saying that every person who is an annoyance in our life is like sandpaper ... in the end, we're the polished one and they are just used up.

Take a day or two. Drink some wine. Veg. Chill out.

Then try to go on.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I just had to break up with my other half today, and am obviously feeling extremely upset. Just wanted to ask, has anyone else experienced feeling physically sick because they're sad? I have only eaten 826 calories today, and have been feeling sick since earlier, and every time I eat, I feel even more sick. This is a normal reaction, right?

I'm sorry for your sadness...it's normal to lose your appetite if you're feeling sad or grieving. Give yourself some time, just make sure to take care of yourself.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Completely normal! I just went through this and I thought I was catching a flu. I was headachy, sore stomach and constantly nauseous. The upside is that it passes. I feel for you and hope you'll be alright.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I heart every single person on this thread. It's got to page 2 and no snidy comments! You're all amazing :-)