20 Second Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Options
adfabus
adfabus Posts: 178 Member
I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
• 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
• 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
• 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
• 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
• 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    OMG... I am so hungry for a sweet snack! I am going to go make this right now! Thanks :-)
  • adfabus
    Options
    Let me know what you think! I loved it!!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh my .. sounds yummy. Thanks.
  • 123Linz
    123Linz Posts: 80
    Options
    bump
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump...I think I seen this somewhere on MFP..Tks for sharing
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump for a rainy day :)
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bumping this- must try it! :)
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    YUM! definitely trying this! thanks!
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm going to have to try that! Sounds great! And much healthier then my brownies or cake:) Do you know how may carbs it has? If any since there's no flour.
    Thanks for sharing!!:)
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!

YUM!!!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this. Thanks for posting it!
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    bump thanks
  • adfabus
    Options
    7 carbs and 8 gms of protein. You can do a search in the food tab and enter 20 second cake and get the rest of the nutritional information. Hope this helps. :wink:
  • adfabus
    Options
    7 carbs and 8 gms of protein. You can do a search in the food tab and enter 20 second cake and get the rest of the nutritional information. Hope this helps. :wink:
    Sorry, I posted this twice.
    I'm going to have to try that! Sounds great! And much healthier then my brownies or cake:) Do you know how may carbs it has? If any since there's no flour.
    Thanks for sharing!!:)
  • Sagetheplace
    Sagetheplace Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yummy