What's your favorite breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• verbalriot
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt + banana + Kashi Good Friends cereal. Delicious!
  • McSteve67
    McSteve67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vector cereal with 1% milk and fresh blue berries.
  • akshayam29
    Options
    i take 3 cups of fresh brewed green tea....and have baby carrots with a spoon of honey.....tasty ...low in fat and makes you full.......
  • CanCur
    CanCur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Filberto Breakfast burrito with eggs, bacon, cheese, and salsa. Or everything and potato skillet with gravy!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Most days, two eggs & a slice of whole wheat toast, sometimes a banana or grapefruit as well. On days I run, usually have multi-grain hot cereal with banana or strawberries, 1/4 greek yogurt, handful of walnuts and drizzled with honey.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In order of importance: COFFEE. Lots of coffee (in my personal food pyramid, caffeine is its own food group). Then: Fiber One raisin bran and almond milk. Did I mention coffee?
  • Lolitasboss
    Lolitasboss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, so far I see that oatmeal, greek yogurt, and eggs are crowd favorites!
  • kenstyles81
    Options
    Bagel with omega 3 butter, Habanero almonds, greek yogurt, grape nuts with banana= 850 cals
  • antnterrsmommy
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a visalus shake mixed with bananas!!! its like eating a banana cake because the shake mix tastes like cake mix!
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have a hard time with staying held over until lunch with anything less than eggs! First coffee, always coffee. Then egg whites, usually in an egg white breakfast burrito with onions and salsa. Sometimes I like 2 pieces of 50 cal whole wheat toast and spray butter and rarely I will add something like a chicken sausage and/or chedder cheese. But I LOVE egg whites and salsa in the morning and anything less just makes me feel like I'm starving by 10am.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Spinach omelette with some hot sauce and a whole wheat pita pocket with some dark chocolate peanut butter.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I make a scramble with sauteed mushrooms and spinach with two eggs and a couple of tablespoons of reduced fat Italian blend cheese. Very filling and tasty. A piece of nine grain organic bread and you're good to go til lunch.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I love the stuff. For quick meals I use the instant flavored packs and toss i some dried fruit and nuts. If I have a little more time, I flavor plain oatmeal myself with fresh fruit, honey, coconut, peanut butter, or anything else I have. I also love the overnight oats that have become so popular, and occasionally I'll bake myself a pan of oatmeal and eat off it for a few days. I seriously never tire of the stuff though. Yum.

Also, it should be noted I eat eggs in some variety for lunch almost every day. I love breakfast so much I basically eat it twice a day.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats with a teaspoon of apple butter mixed in. filling and tasty
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Eggs (omelette, scrambled, fried, boiled, poached, etc), bacon and coffee with coconut oil.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Weetbix with a tub of fruit in natural juice and skim milk. also I like a poached egg on toast.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites with 1 whole egg, Genesis 1:29 bread toasted and spread with fresh ground almond butter, toasted flax seeds and half a banana sliced on top. I eat the same thing every morning. I love it.
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    papaya, 2 jimmy dean turkey sausages, and Daves Killer Bread! Maybe a greek yogurt too. And good, dark, coffee, lots of it!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Tea!!!! Any kind. I LOVE tea. It's my necessity. My favourites are Get Gorgeous, Get Lost (Republic of Tea), plain ol' green tea, and the Pomegranate White tea at Tim Horton's. Any of those will do. Food-wise...hmmm....I'll usually have a banana chopped up into some low-fat strawberry greek yogurt with some hemp hearts or some scrambled egg whites. If I plan on working all the carbs off, I'll have some peanut butter toast. But that's pretty rare.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A bowl of oatmeal with lite (not skim) milk.

Sometimes I'll eat it plain but more often than not add one banana.

Or:
    *blueberries
    *raspberries
    *an apple
    *apple and cinnamon and brown sugar
    *cinnamon and brown sugar
    *honey
    *honey and peanut butter
    *peanut butter
    *peanut butter and banana

Oats are pretty amazing. Apparently they can be had as a savoury meal too.