I can NOT believe I used to eat like THIS!

Options
13»

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Here's a sample SNACK I used to eat regularly. This is after I ate 3 HUGE square meals.

Dunkin Donuts

Medium iced latte with CREAM and heaps of sugar (as though being a latte wasn't creamy enough)
    a pumpkin muffin

This was easily almost 1,000 calories. I'd eat this after spending the day doing absolutely nothing. Then I'd go to bed a couple hours later.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you-- I ate fast food many times a week. I didn't eat huge portions, but I found out an In-N-Out shake (small size) is 800+ calories and I've never had one again! I had dessert after practically every meal, or at least sugar with every meal including breakfast. I have no idea how I didn't end up twice the size that I was! I guess it was just vanity, I didn't want to buy larger jeans. Somehow I kept it in check just enough. But I sure didn't have any clue how to eat healthy, and I'm lucky I didn't need a triple bypass like my dad before I figured it out! Now I'm passionate about helping others figure it out!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I remember those days myself. Large Pizza extra cheese, triple meat. Yeah I ate the whole thing myself. Half gallon of ice cream in one sitting, forget the bowl just get a spoon. Buffetts? Oh yeah, 3, 4 plates of food along with desert. Big Mac, Large fries, large shake.

Or the eat all day routine. BK for breakfast, Mcdonalds for lunch, candy bars and chips all day. All in all 3000 to 5000 calories a day with a sit down job? Was not a problem then. Stopping for Chinese? Yeah.....Gimmee 1 dinner of shrimp fried rice 1 of the orange chicken and don't forget 2 orders of crab rangoons. Yup, I'd eat it all. Now I can make 1 dinner of shrimp fried rice last 2 - 3 meals.

So glad I found MFP!!!!!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I know, I used to eat at ****ey's BBQ at least once or twice a week for lunch and the meal that I ate was about 1,000 calories,
    pulled pork with a side of cole slaw and stuffed baked potato casserole. Zaxby's was another favorite - it is now off limits due to the sodium content of their chicken.
    I still eat at ****ey's about 1x per week but now I get a Smokehouse Salad (no tanglers) and use BBQ sauce as my dressing (about 400 calories) or a baked potato with chopped brisket now, and light lemonade instead of sweet tea...

Knowledge is power:) Glad you came to the same realization as I did - we are making better choices and our bodies are thanking us for it.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Good for u!!! I'm still tryna get over my bingeing! Now most days I do good, then all of a sudden I go totally outta control and just completely binge like 4 days straight! It's disgusting! I probably used to eat 20,000 cals somedays like a year ago! Since logging on MFP my biggest binge was just over 8,000! Still horrible, but better lol! Working on completely quitting that and eating only healthy, that sugar is evil to me!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just had the shock of finding out something I used to eat all the time was a calorie black hole. :devil: I had a Target soft pretzel today for the first time in over a year. I got home to log it. 400 calories! one pretzel! :noway:
    Since I started loosing weight I eat about the same volume of food but the nutrition per ounce is way up and the calories per ounce is way down (most days, Today was disaster.)
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I can diffently relate to everyone. I LOVE Chinese like the other ppl mentioned on here I can clear like 3 plates and go back and get desserts. But I still go eat Chinese occasionally but think better than before, and another thing is Sonic that was my favorite fast food resturant ever I LOVED the cheese sticks with ranch and eat a sonic cheeseburger no wonder I got fat I ate really bad while I was pregnant but it makes me feel bad how I ate. I am a emotional eater and trying to change unhealthy habits which I'm doing good now. I think about food differently now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's amazing, isn't it? But we don't even notice it? It's not like it's marketed as: AS MUCH FOOD AS YOU MIGHT EAT IN A DAY, and then add a soda!
  • tina990
    tina990 Posts: 18
    Options
    :tongue: Oh, Sherbog, you had me laughing out loud. The neighbors probably heard me. Me, a spoon, and a gallon of ice cream. I'd work my way to the bottom over a night or two. I really need MFP. I skipped it for a week or so recently and the scales showed the result. Logging in and tracking my food every day keeps me going in the right direction. I am slowly learning what is a portion.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Keying in mine when i first started was like a never ending story..i couldn't believe how much i was eating.. i blamed the washer for my jeans not fitting!

omg i did that too:blushing: ...darn washer always shrinking my jeans! one of my many wakeup calls was when i worn them for a few days and they were still very tight :grumble:
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh this is a good one!! BUMP
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I still eat like that on occasion, especially if I'm on a bulk since I'm required to eat in excess of 3000 calories. Don't see anything particularly wrong with it. I hit up all-you-can-eat sushi three times in a month back in December. Damn. I love food.