Have you ever run into an ex after you lost weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl that ran into her ex at the mall after she'd lost 50 lbs, and he was like, "OMG, you've lost weight! You look so good!" And she said, "Yeah, well, what can I say? Breaking up with you agrees with me."

:smile:

I lost about 50# after a breakup. When I saw him later, I told him he was the world's best diet and he just laughed. He was a total douche, but he introduced me to my husband AND helped me lose weight, so I think it was worth it.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I ran into my ex when I was at my heaviest and he made it clear he was NOT attracted to me anymore. That felt great...:grumble: I'm really looking forward to the day I run into him again though. Now that I'm smaller than I ever was when I was with him. Ahhhh can't wait for that day!
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, and he says I am still fat, why did I date him to begin with and stayed with him for so long. I know why, I was 23 and dumb.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yeah I ran into him a few months back! WAS SO GOOD HAHA! *insert evil laugh*

I was at my heaviest when I broke up with him and through out our relationship he would always tell me I was too fat and needed to lose weight, would tell his mum I was sick so that I wouldn't eat dinner... Which only made me eat junk food late at night when I got home.

Anyway lol it's been 8yrs since I seen him last, he been married for 7yrs and has just had a baby boy about two weeks ago.
    I bumped into him at the shops while getting a coffee, he was like 'omg... Juliette? Is that you?!' we talked for a bit and THEN he goes 'so I'm heading to mums to visit but she isn't home for a few hours....' ummm what??!? HELL NO! I just walked away without even saying anything to him.... Still the same loser I dumped 9yrs ago!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I ran into my ex-wife right after I lost weight the first time. Didn't have a choice, we had to go to mediation. Afterwards, we went to lunch, then I slept with her. She cried. I left! Haven't touched her again...nor would I.

I guess I slept with her again because she told me while we were married that she never wanted me to touch her again right after I discovered she was banging others...yes plural. She was wrong! I touched her again.

That was 12 years ago.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    yep in a hot tub. it was fun
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    ya...its fun!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Yes, I ran into my ex-husband last week. He didn't say a dang thing! Everyone else notices so he HAD to have noticed also.

Which makes me wonder-why are people so afraid to hand out compliments when it's obvious someone has worked their @$$ off?!

They don't want to acknowledge that the other person is better off without them. By doing so, it's loud and clear that the problem might have been them, not the other person. Among other things.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes recently happened to meet at a friends party she didn't actually recognise it was me ( we hadnt seen each other in about 2 years) until I said what my name Was ( after about 20 minutes of her talking provocatively :laugh: )

Some expressions in this world are priceless :tongue:
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yes recently happened to meet at a friends party she didn't actually recognise it was me ( we hadnt seen each other in about 2 years) until I said what my name Was ( after about 20 minutes of her talking provocatively :laugh: )

Some expressions in this world are priceless :tongue:

ROFL!!! :laugh:
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Didn't run into my ex...but his best friend. Which was even better since I've been crushing on him forever.
    He has this shocked look on his face and says "Wow, holy *kitten*. You look amazing! You been working out?" He took my new # and would txt me all the time.

But you know...bro code over rules. So I'll never get to date him.

I'd like to think he told my ex. But I really don't care what the ex thinks. He's an ex for a reason.
  • danibanana
    Options
    Yes. I hung out with him after two months of not speaking to each other (6 months after we broke up and we had been together for a year and a half). His mom was there and kept saying how great I looked since I had gone from 130 lbs to 110 lbs in just those two months. I felt pretty awesome that I hadn't let our break up hurt me but make me a stronger and MUCH healthier person. Needless to say, two years later he is now dating a girl who is almost to the point of obesity. I guess he must be a chubby chaser.....
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bumped into my ex of 3 years at a party a few months back and not only had I dropped a tonne of weight and was looking a lot leaner than when we were together, but she had put on quite a bit, I had to do a double take to make sure it was her before saying hi...

I also work with a girl I went out with on and off for a while. She too has put on a bit of weight (can see it around her abdomen and thighs) and comments regularly on how well I'm going and that I'm looking good and that she needs to start losing weight herself, hehe.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yeah...i ended up marrying him. He lost weight too and we were both happier with ourselves and then with eachother too.
  • kofybean
    Options
    I just want to know what does it profit a women to lose weight AFTER the break-up?
    In the guy community it is a highly discussed topic of "how fat is she going to get after I commit to her"?

Seeing an ex after you lost weight isn't likely to spark anything in his mind except the answer to that question if he were to get back with you. I'm sure their are special cases, but not likely.

Girl -> I'm overweight/obese but you have to love me anyway, else you are a pig.
    guy -> Ok, but after 2-3 years of this I am emotionally exhausted from forcing my sexual attraction. Now I feel empty and unfulfilled and find other women more enticing. So now I must break up.
    girl -> Men are such bad people, so only now will I loose weight and have a reasonable fitness level.
    guy -> she lost weight. now i know she was capable of doing so that whole time. Since I am so emotionally drain, I have no interest in her, and her weight loss after the fact.

Anyway. i was just curious. I don't see how doing something that could help a relationship is profitable after the relationship has ended..
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just want to know what does it profit a women to lose weight AFTER the break-up?
    In the guy community it is a highly discussed topic of "how fat is she going to get after I commit to her"?

Seeing an ex after you lost weight isn't likely to spark anything in his mind except the answer to that question if he were to get back with you. I'm sure their are special cases, but not likely.

Girl -> I'm overweight/obese but you have to love me anyway, else you are a pig.
    guy -> Ok, but after 2-3 years of this I am emotionally exhausted from forcing my sexual attraction. Now I feel empty and unfulfilled and find other women more enticing. So now I must break up.
    girl -> Men are such bad people, so only now will I loose weight and have a reasonable fitness level.
    guy -> she lost weight. now i know she was capable of doing so that whole time. Since I am so emotionally drain, I have no interest in her, and her weight loss after the fact.

Anyway. i was just curious. I don't see how doing something that could help a relationship is profitable after the relationship has ended..

I've never known anyone to 'loose' weight? Is that different from 'losing' weight? Is it easier???

Srsly_gtfo.gif
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    we divorced with me at over 320lbs....months later she wanted something she left in the attic. I brought it to work and was down to 230. I heard she was upset that I didn't do anything about it while married and her co-workers thought I looked really good..lol.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gained weight after his divorce. It has nothing to do with stress.

He used to avoid going home so he didn't eat dinner. Now he likes going home.