When it comes to a child, it becomes my business.....

Options
elliott062907
elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
OK, me and my mouth, but it felt so good.

I know that there are many of us who see it every day. Parents and their beer. It comes first.
Let me explain!

Went to the store Tuesday for the reg, milk, eggs, yogurt, cheese, toilet paper, dog food......

As I rounded the corner, there was a "tub o lard", mom figure standing there with her child and about 15.00 worth of beer in the front of the buggy. Her son comes over and gets a Pepsi and puts it in the buggy. His mom picks it up, says they can't affird it and she shouldn't get it and has the son put it back!!! WHAT!!!:angry: Are you kidding me? She can afford the expensive type beer in the bottles and not a 1.69 Pepsi??

So me being raised the way I was to defend my self and others, blurted out, "that's right, get you drunk on and deprive your son of a Pepsi". What a wonderful mom you are!!!!

Yep, I said it, Darn proud of it too!!!!!

She gave me the stink eye and I said again, "truth hurt? you must be so proud"!

The people around me in the area didn't know what to say.

But I don't feel bad about it. I see this kind of crap time and time again!!!!

I'm sure most of us have.

So what is your proud moment?

I'v said worse then this before and probably will again, but I don't have all day.

I could actually write a book!

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    OMG! That sounds just like my "sister"! She weighs about 450lbs and drinks nothing but Mad Dog 20/20. One time we were at Walmart and she was trying to decide what to get her daughter (about 8 yrs old at the time) for Christmas. She had wanted to decorate her room in some cartoon character (can't remember who it was). Any way, we found the sheets that she wanted so my sister said she would get them for her. Then in the same breath she said, "But if I buy the sheets, I won't be able to afford my MD 20/20.!". So she went to the wine section and looked through all of the wines to find the one with the highest alcohol count that she could afford if she bought the sheets. Well, it alcohol content was not high enough so she said her daughter would just have to do without the sheets, besides, she already has sheets on her bed!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I told her is she didn't get those sheeets for her daughter I would and I would tell her WHY her mom didn't buy them and I would never speak to her again!!!!! She bought the sheets........................fast forward about 14 years and I am not speaking to her because she was always to wasted to come see my mom when she was dying of cancer!!!! Some things never change!!!!!

Memaw
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Maybe that was one of those white lies we tell our kids when we don't want them to have something. It's just easier than trying to explain for the 4984379857984th time why they cannot drink pop, have yet another piece of candy, or whatever.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just giving something else to think about. WTG though :) I have a big mouth too :X
  • elliott062907
    Options
    white lies every now and then, ok, but to say no money and have beer in the buggy? I just can't agree on that, but hey, what ever helps the most with some.

I get what your saying. :tongue:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    wow, maybe she was just thinking she should give the kid a beer! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

that is so sad isn't it. not the pepsi, but the mom having such a skewed sense of what is "needed"! lets hope she had apple juice in that cart!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    So you're proud that you were judgmental and butt into someone else's business, all so some kid can rot his teeth on something that isn't good for him.

Way to stand up for what's important in life! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I see adults on this very website acting like similar morons about eating crap and bragging about eating crap like they are rebels or something and I speak my mind and get slammed for it
    and get in trouble for it

I guess that lady with the beer isnt a member of MFP or you might get in trouble for speaking the truth also
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Maybe that was one of those white lies we tell our kids when we don't want them to have something. It's just easier than trying to explain for the 4984379857984th time why they cannot drink pop, have yet another piece of candy, or whatever.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just giving something else to think about. WTG though :) I have a big mouth too :X

on a funny note....IF the parent was actualy concerned with her childs health...then clearly she would be concerned with her own health.....and clearly it is NOT the case.....there is no way someone can justify a beer over pop....I dont drink EITHER hahahaha

But yes WTG for sure! I always speak my mind as well...I am the supervisor of a before and after school program and you should SEE what some parents feed their kids for breakfast.....so I actualy banned "food from outside" and I feed them fruit, granola bars, chocolate milk...sometimes smoothies and pancakes.....SURE BEATS when parents DON'T feed their kids....or send them to school with a donaught...or a bag of skittles grrrrr

haha there's my bit.....I definitely speak my mind however......even if I catch someone staring at me (because I have piercings and some purple in my hair) I honestly look at them and say " hi how can I help you!?! bahahahahaha
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    white lies every now and then, ok, but to say no money and have beer in the buggy? I just can't agree on that, but hey, what ever helps the most with some.

I get what your saying. :tongue:

I totally agree with you, there's no other way to see that one....she doesn't want her kid to have soda...maybe that's true, but watch mom get hammered, that's ok?? Not enough people speak up for the ones that can't, worse thing you've done is make the mom think, a little humility goes a long way! yay for you, more people like you in the world, and maybe I would need to foster less children that are a results of ADULTS making pi$$ poor decisions.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    well maybe some feel it is more important to get hammered in front of your child instead of feeding him!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laugh at that one...... a lot do!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    well, as for me butting in, that's right! I'll do it again..... I used to work with kids that were "left out in the cold", so to speak......

Seen too much of it.

Now I work with parents like that too!!!

Standing up for what I believe, and having freedom in this country rules!!!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    she doesn't want her kid to have soda...maybe that's true, but watch mom get hammered, that's ok??

But you have no idea who that beer was for and why she was buying it. Maybe her husband is an alcoholic and beats her or the kid if she doesn't buy it. Maybe it was for an important and special occassion. Maybe someone asked her to pick it up and gave her the money for it.

It really cheeses me off that people look in other people's shopping carts and make big sweeping judgments of who they are as a person and how they live their lives based on it.

I bet most of us have stuff in our shopping cart at least once in a while that someone else could go off on, but luckily most people have the sense to keep their uncharitable thoughts to themselves.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    true true!!!

but speaking of judgements!!!

Guess you had to be there!!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    well, I must say this, as for uncharitable thoughts ??

Well hopefully they won't be on the side of the road dead from a wasted parent. never new of Pepsi killing anyone!!

But hey, it's not my place after all.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    she doesn't want her kid to have soda...maybe that's true, but watch mom get hammered, that's ok??

But you have no idea who that beer was for and why she was buying it. Maybe her husband is an alcoholic and beats her or the kid if she doesn't buy it. Maybe it was for an important and special occassion. Maybe someone asked her to pick it up and gave her the money for it.

It really cheeses me off that people look in other people's shopping carts and make big sweeping judgments of who they are as a person and how they live their lives based on it.

I bet most of us have stuff in our shopping cart at least once in a while that someone else could go off on, but luckily most people have the sense to keep their uncharitable thoughts to themselves.

If it wasn't hers for her own personal consumption, she woulda said something, the fact she said nothing, is worse then anything, and the evil eye she did, in my opinion, is a pretty good indication that it was hers.
  • kgragert
    kgragert Posts: 5
    Options
    I can't believe this conversation has gone on this long....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

you kidding?

we can beat a dead horse for days around here

and often do:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    Options

for some people, this kinda thing touches a nerve.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    When I was a kid my father put back peanut butter so he could buy his cigarettes! There are a lot of bad parents out there. and at risk of being kicked out of here. Dumb people should not have kids. Foster homes are bulging at the seams with a bunch of these kids. If you don't want to make sacrifices to be a parent, don't have kids. Alcohol is not a necessity, even for a special occasion! lets just hope mom did not start cracking them open till she was not driving!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

you kidding?

we can beat a dead horse for days around here

and often do:laugh:
    thsmiley_deadhorse.gif
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options

If it wasn't hers for her own personal consumption, she woulda said something, the fact she said nothing, is worse then anything, and the evil eye she did, in my opinion, is a pretty good indication that it was hers.

Maybe she was so shocked that a complete stranger could be so utterly rude. The point is that in these situations, you do not know all the facts. All you have is what you see in that one minute. You cannot assume that just because there are a lot of lousy people in the world that this particular person is one of them. Now I'm all for speaking your mind... just make sure you know where you're pointing that gun.