touchy subject?

Options
13»

Replies

• Samer1Q
    Samer1Q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my sides that I got from gaining a lot of weight after college - they drive me nuts! I am currently using Mederma and have been everyday twice a day for a month, and I'm really noticing a difference! Some of the smaller ones are almost gone. I would highly recommend it if they bug you. I've heard that cocoa butter works well too, but I'm sticking with Mederma!
  • clumsymofro
    clumsymofro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't mind my stretchmarks much at all. I'm much more concerned with loose skin and loss of boobage. =/ lol

No kidding right?! I definitely view it too as winning the battle :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I have them on the backs of my knees/calves from growing when I was younger! I also have some on my arms (bicep area) but I like to say that's from being so buff. :P Anyway, I don't actually care about them and if somebody else does, they don't have to look. As a gender, we tend to focus on things we don't like about ourselves. You can't do anything about your stretchmarks, but if it bothers you that much, put some vitamin e lotion or maderma on them and then take the energy you've been focusing on your stretch marks and put that to good use elsewhere. Otherwise, you'll drive yourself crazy with thinking about it. :flowerforyou:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I could care less about my stretch marks on my stomach. They came from carrying my child. The only thing I care about is getting rid of the last fat roll on my stomach. I personally am more embarrassed by that.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have them everywhere! I've lost weight 2 or 3 times (more than 20 lbs). I just make sure when it's summer time, I drink a lot of water, and I tan ... when you're tan it's not as visible. Most people don't even notice them. I know I get excited when I see a thin girl with them because it makes me feel more normal ... but hey ... just think of it this way.

You either have them because you had a kid (major accomplishment for your body), or you just simply started to outgrow your sexy! :happy:
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am currently using a combo of 100% natural African shea butter and bio oil. I am seeing some small changes but I haven't been using these long enough to know if it will be a huge change. I am hoping time and these lotions will help fade them out.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have had strectch marks for as long as I can remember. They've always bothered me and I've always rushed to cover up when with a guy, afraid he'd think my body was ruined. However, after almost 90 pounds lost, the stretch marks have faded immensly. They're still there, but the guy I'm with now could care less. He's been most supportive of the journey I'm on and loves my body just the way it is. It's him loving my body the way it is that has caused me to love my body too, flaws and all.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I actually had a situation this morning that really made me re-evaluate my stance on my dreaded stretch marks. Yes, I have them, like 99.9% of all women, big or small. And I always hated them, yet my adoring man always said that they were part of me, and that made them beautiful, which of course, I never believed. Cut to this morning. He was getting out of the shower, so of course was unclothed, and I noticed a lot of stretch marks on his rear, because he has been trying to bulk up (he's bulked about 15 pounds in the past three months). Now, these marks weren't there when we first met, but because he's bulking and getting bigger, they are there now. I saw them, and all I could think was "dayum! He's fine!" Which is the same exact thing I ALWAYS think when he is getting out of the shower. So why is it okay for me to see his markings and think it's still sexy/okay, but not for me? It's been running through my head all day and I have yet to think of a good excuse. If it's okay on him, then it IS okay on me, too! And it's okay on ALL OF US.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Stop being elitist I got stretch marks too. Women always trying to one up us guys!
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    can you get BIO Oil where you are? if so it works wonders for stretch marks and scars e.t.c can take a few months but using it every day a couple of times a day def helps, if you can;t get it over there if you know anyone in uk or ireland maybe they could post some to you as it's def available there

^^^this, I've been using it for a while and they have definatley got less noticable, you can order it on amazon
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    My friend took really expensive medication to get rid of hers. The pills were like 200 a bottle though 0_0 unfortunately I don;t know the drug name or anything but she had them prescribed at a dermatologist. I hear cocoa butter helps a little, I have never reaped any noticeable benefits from that tough :l I do remember hearing you want to treat them while they're still red because if you let them fade a little you can't do much about them. (that's what I remember hearing :p ) But on the other hand time will eventually make them not so noticeable, like mine I barely see!
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am a very pale Caucasian my stretch marks are there from 10 years plus but even I have to look for them as they are the same colour as my skin, my recent ones are still pink but the only ones that bother me are the few on my arm so I cover them with foundation when I wear a sleeveless top :-)
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yup I have em, and neither me nor my husband really care :)
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have some faint ones on my hips from puberty that I hate!! But I'm so pale I don't think he notices..I hope anyways!

Yup, I have them on my hips and thighs since I was 16. I also have them on my boobs from breastfeeding but none on my stomach. I've heard GREAT things about bio-oil and It worked wonders on my c-section scar. I'm VERY pale and don't tan so no one else notices them and I don't even notice they are there really.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think most women have them somewhere. I think to some degree it is genetic. Both my sisters made it through pregnancies without any, me, I've got a belly full. I have found that things like Palmers cocoa butter oil or Bio oil help them be less noticeable. They are the most noticeable when they are bright red. When I started using oil mine were, now they are still noticeable close up but since they aren't bright red they don't jump out at you.

I don't think that I will ever feel comfortable wearing a bikini again. I think by this summer my body would look all right. Then again, who knows, I know that right now my body looks better than many people who wear bikinis so maybe I just need to get over myself.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    wow! thanksss much to everyone who replied! i cant believe i got so many responses! THis really helped me feel better about them..and thanks to everyone who recommended miderma or bio-oil or something...appreciate the support! I guess im just a tiger whose finally figuring out about her stripes! haha Thanks everyone!!