I NEEEEED UR SUPPORT!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• KTRXS
    KTRXS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! :) Cangrats on losing 5 pounds! I have about 70 to lose. I know what budgeting feels like and buying healthy item can sometimes be impossible! So here are some tips

Water, water, water!
    Play with your kids outside
    buy salsa (it'll boost your metabolism)
    Get some sleep :)
    Get organized (to minimize stress)
    laugh
    Go for 10 minute jogs
    jog in place on commercials while watching tv

All these are free (except for salsa and tv), not time consuming, and will give you a boost!!!

Hope these helps. Let me know how you're doing!
  • angiemac42
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. It would be great to support each other on our journeys. I am new here too. I'm a mom of 3. I'm not a single mom, but we have a very small grocery budget to work with too so I can relate to what you're going through. Like some of the others who have replied to you, I have found that drinking water really helps. I have my kids drinking water at supper now and I'm trying to get my hubby on board too :) It won't be easy, but it's always a little easier when others are supporting you. Good luck!:smile:
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I vote for stocking up on minimally processed frozen fruits and veggies too. Also, since now is greens season, stock up on all the fresh greens and freeze them. You can wash them, and leave the water clinging to the leaves. Store in meal size servings in a plastic bag, and they are ready to steam or sautee straight from the freezer.

Save your veggie scraps to make veggie stock too (way easier than making meat stock). Carrot peels, onions, things that are a little limp. Throw it all in the freezer and when you have about 2 pounds, add about 1.5 quarts of water and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. (Feel free to add herbs and spices as you see fit.). You get some of those veggie nutrients and you can use it to cook your rice, beans, make soup, or sautee your veggies. Good luck. :)

Hey, that is awesome advice. I am a member of an organic produce co-op, so I do a lot with veggies, but I never thought of using the scrap stuff or things that were about to go bad to make stock/broth. Totally amazing idea!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I hope you get the support you need.
    I can only imagine life must be hectic with 3 kids & an injury.
    Good luck :flowerforyou: