Crushes

Options
Laura_Suzie
Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
Do any of you have secret crushes on people in your life and it probably would never work out with them, but you think they're cute or just like their personality? (For example: your doctor, coworkers, the cute guy at the gym, etc.)

For me: My acting teacher. He's like ten years older than me, but so funny and cute. I totally have a school girl crush on him, but I'm too shy to actually flirt. haha

Replies

• frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had a 'cute guy' at the gym crush. Six months of smiles and we spent six months together... It was never ever going to work. Some things are better left as crushes!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have secret crushes on people in your life and it probably would never work out with them, but you think they're cute or just like their personality? (For example: your doctor, coworkers, the cute guy at the gym, etc.)

For me: My acting teacher. He's like ten years older than me, but so funny and cute. I totally have a school girl crush on him, but I'm too shy to actually flirt. haha

Chance favours the brave! Just ask him out :)
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with emurano... You truly have nothing to lose.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options
    He may have kind of asked me out once. After class one time he told me he was going to go get some dinner and wanted to know if I needed a ride. I said no because I already had a ride. I thought maybe he was just being nice, but why would he mention the dinner part? Ugh, I'm so bad at telling if a guy is interested or not...
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am forever developing crushes.....my very first one was when I was 5 at preschool....I kind of didn't realise it was a crush until I saw that kid again at age 15 (we ended up in the same piano class) and those butterflies came back. I never did try to flirt and kind of wish I had taken him to my Year 12 formal.

Then I developed crushes on my latin dance instructors! Of course that would happen as we danced pretty close. After that it was my Body Pump instructor who I also did community theatre plays with in my small town. I still sometimes have a thing for him.

Currently it's a crush I've had for 5 years...the crush feelings came back as he and I used to do dance classes together and only recently did he start to follow my webpage on pinterest.com. He initiated the following....which made go all ballistic and overanalysed everything..."Does he like me? Is that why he's following me on pinterest?"

*shakes head in embarrassment*
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've had silly little school-girl crushes on colleagues in the past but nothing that I would let develop further because I don't mix business with pleasure.

Had a crush recently on a Co-Op cashier girl but fortunately she doesn't work there any more so I can't be distracted!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options
    bump
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    A long time ago, I had a crush on my former doctor. He was really cute, young and, come on... he was a doctor. :wink: But, my sister and a friend of mine also went to him and ALSO had crushes on him so it wasn't just me.

One time, I went in because I felt a swollen lymph node in my neck and wanted it checked out. He felt it, told me it was no big deal and said everyone has them. Then he took my hand and placed it on his neck and said, "See? Feel that? I have one too. They're totally harmless."

I know he was just doing his job but I was blushing for days.
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    Crushes are amazing. They are also completely heartbreaking at times. Yes, I have a HUGE crush and I truly enjoy it (for now, only from a distance). Some day, when it works - WOW!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A few guys online.
    My 10th grade geometry teacher.
    Old friend that works at the local grocery store....

Sigh Forever Alone.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    i had a crush on the trainer in the gym

she was so cute, so sweet and had a nice tush

but, I don't want to be the creep to tell her that, so I just enjoyed seeing her when I went in
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My kids Dr
    I call him Dr Hottie.....hey, if u have to bring your sick kid to someone...might as well be a hot male pediatrician..right?
    LOL

I say if they aren't attached or married..throw something out there...life is too short
    I know easier said than done
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    He may have kind of asked me out once. After class one time he told me he was going to go get some dinner and wanted to know if I needed a ride. I said no because I already had a ride. I thought maybe he was just being nice, but why would he mention the dinner part? Ugh, I'm so bad at telling if a guy is interested or not...

Me too!

Dumb as a broken rock actually, when it comes to knowing if someone is being nice or interested............. :frown:
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sigh Forever Alone.

You shouldn't think that way unless that's what you want :brokenheart:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to not pursue your crushes. Just go for it. Well, if it makes sense. I was crushing hard on this girl at the gym, but she was way way way out of my league and she was like 20 years younger than me, at least. But, still...that's a situation I would not pursue. I'd be the creepy guy. But, other crushes, I'll usually say hi and see where it goes.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have had a little crush on a high school buddy for years and the timing was always wrong. I finally made a (very subtle) move and so far it's paying off. :blushing: Facebook isn't always totally useless.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have had a little crush on a high school buddy for years and the timing was always wrong. I finally made a (very subtle) move and so far it's paying off. :blushing: Facebook isn't always totally useless.

Actually, facebook rocks for that. As a guy, just make sure you're always funny. Chicks dig guys that are funny. Then, when inevitably they break up with their current dude, they start chatting you up. Bam! Done. LOL.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a crush on someone at work. But 1) he lives with his girlfriend and 2) even if he didn't, due to the nature of my job I couldn't date him. So I just admire from afar. LOL
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Don't have a crush, I'm happy with the girl I'm with.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Of course he was asking you out. . .But he's probably very careful not to make it too obvious. . professional ethics you know. . He also might be shy just like you. .

Yank your coil-wire, then tell him your car won't start. . :) Or just say something off the cuff . . .like.. "Acting makes me hungry!". :wink: