Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt....Does it really work?

Options
So I was at Walmart last night and saw this Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt....and I'm trying to trim more off my belly and get toner and I was just wondering if this helped or if anyone had any experience with them? Hope ya'll can help me out!! Thanks!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anyone?!?! Don't wanna waste the money if it's no good.
  • orlandooswego
    Options
    I used it for a while. It definitely makes you sweat more around the waist area, but I didn't think it helped "lose weight" from my waist. What Id did like about it was that it gave my core some extra support while exercising.
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    if it is one of those electric stimulation belts... save your money-
  • apierce2010
    Options
    No it's just a thing that wraps around your waist and it comes with a hot/cold pack. I just thought if it helped I'd wear it while i was taking my daily walks!
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a waist sweat belt during cardio every day-- but I just started using a product called "Sweet Sweat" to enhance the effects. You can Google it for more info! But yes, it can't hurt-- and both were recommended by my trainer.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks!!! Glad to hear some positive feedback and it looks like it's def working for you...you look AMAZING!!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Sweat suits etc. can make you lose water weight if you have something you need a quick weight cut for like a competition; but they do not do anything to help with losing fat.
  • lacy276
    lacy276 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking at those at Wal Mart myself. But my personal trainer told me that it helps lose water weight around your waist..but actually when the water weight comes back it can come back even worse. I really don't know if that's true or not, but if you are wanting to lose fat I don't think that will help much.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    I was actually looking at those at Wal Mart myself. But my personal trainer told me that it helps lose water weight around your waist..but actually when the water weight comes back it can come back even worse. I really don't know if that's true or not, but if you are wanting to lose fat I don't think that will help much.

Well i don't want it to come back worse!!!! lol maybe i'll just stick hard to my walking and Zumba 2 on Wii and the rest of my little pouch will eventually go away!!
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I saw on someone else's post that they will NEVER workout without it. I will see if I can find the thread.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I intermittently use this belt and am interested in seeing what others say. Bump.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    These don't do anything but help you sweat more around your waist. The only time I used it was beacuse my recruiter made me cut weight to join the Marines...even then, I don't think it did much. The running 4 miles 6x a week is what made me lose, not the belt.

I'd save your money....it's just another gimmick.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have it. It makes me sweat a lot more, so it helps lose water weight, but it's not a miracle worker. The thing i like the best is that fact that I have a sort of heating pad for my lower back while I work out, which feels nice, especially when I'm doing really intense workouts.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I used it for over a year, it makes you sweat a lot in the waist/ab area but I didn't notice any inches lost by using the belt.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yes, magic belts are the secret to burning fat. You must buy one - right now. And, while you are at walmart, be sure to buy their magic cookie tree beans. Plant them in your yard and in six weeks you'll have a tree that produces magical, zero calorie cookies.

Yes, I am being completely sarcastic and a bit of an *kitten*, but... If it sounds to good to be true - it probably is. Save your money - eating well, strength training and interval training are the keys to long term success.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Another snake oil scam. If you work out with a piece of plastic wrap around your waist, it will do the same thing... temporarily expel water (sweat) in that area.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments!!! I'd never heard of them so this is really helping me out!!! I was gonna get this or some ankle/wrist weights cause i do a lot of walking and i thought that either one might make it more intense and help shed some more pounds!!
  • wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There is no way to remove fat from a specific area of the body. You can work muscle groups but you can't just get fat off of one spot. It's an all-over sort of thing. Save your money and do ab crunches every other day. ;P
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments!!! I'd never heard of them so this is really helping me out!!! I was gonna get this or some ankle/wrist weights cause i do a lot of walking and i thought that either one might make it more intense and help shed some more pounds!!

Ankle/wrist weights are a no-no also. These won't do anything. Just hit the gym and start lifting...heavy enough to where you can crank out 8-10 reps without losing your form. Once it feels too easy, go up by 2.5 or 5 lbs...depending on the exercise.