Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt....Does it really work?

Options

Replies

• Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bought one similar, just made my waist area more sweaty and helped contain the sweat there, lol.

I only used it for a couple weeks then it started to rub on my skin while I ran, super uncomfortable. I haven't used it since, still lost a good amount of fat from my waist without it.

I was told that exercise will help shape/build your waistline... but to reveal it, that's made in the kitchen.

21525558.png
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I cant speak for anyone else but I have been increasing my work out by jogging right? So I ran for about an hour... I have been feeling the burn in my legs and bootie but not in my belly (my problem area) Soooo yesterday my girl Tonya says... you should go get that wrap.. its real cheap.. I said Ok... We ran yesterday after I bought it with the same sort of outlooks as a lot of others... same length of time (an hour) and ummm.. let me jus say.. my stomach is SORE.. I don't know what it does... I don't care... I feel burn and haven't felt that in for-never.... So that is my testimonial.. =)

It still isn't going to cause you to lose fat around your midsection. That would be spot reducing.

BTW, is your stomach supposed to be sore after running? I've ran competitively for a decade and can honestly say I've never had a "burn" in my abs from it. That doesn't sound right to me, IMHO.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    How is a belt going to trim your waist?

Magic?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    So I was at Walmart last night and saw this Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt....and I'm trying to trim more off my belly and get toner and I was just wondering if this helped or if anyone had any experience with them? Hope ya'll can help me out!! Thanks!! :bigsmile:

I find what works is just hitting weights and eating right. :wink: :laugh:

In short, save the money, and bust @$$ in the gym. I sweat plenty fine without the aid of a belt.
  • leesarobinson18
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7764788_use-waist-trimmer-belt.html

its not a get skinny quick sceme, i bought one to help me remember to hold my abs in
  • JeremyC1989
    Options
    The ignorance of some people in this forum is comical. The lady asked if it would help not if it was magical product.
    Of course it will help, very little sure diet and exercise are the only necessary ingredient to success. Although there is nothing wrong with wanting to lean out that extra bit by losing water weight while you work to achieve your goals. It's a question you need to ask yourself if the product is worth it, it will do what it says but what it does is only temporary. Water weight will always come back if you're eating the wrong foods as I'm sure all these yo-yo health gurus do on here. I've trained several individuals one of which is now a IFBB pro bikini model and if there is one thing I could offer as advice is give it a shot. If you're really willing to do anything to achieve your goals it's a matter of trial and error everyone is different. Good luck with your journey!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I used one for a yr along with strictly cardio, I didn't feel it did much to make my waist smaller, I just liked the support for my back. However my waist went from 29.5 to 27 in 7 weeks with heavy lifting. At 129lbs my waist is the same size it was at 115lbs when all I did was cardio. My advice and I wish I had followed this sooner, ditch the belt, lift heavy.
  • JeremyC1989
    Options
    I used one for a yr along with strictly cardio, I didn't feel it did much to make my waist smaller, I just liked the support for my back. However my waist went from 29.5 to 27 in 7 weeks with heavy lifting. At 129lbs my waist is the same size it was at 115lbs when all I did was cardio. My advice and I wish I had followed this sooner, ditch the belt, lift heavy.

Lifting heavy is great advice often overlooked by women.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The ignorance of some people in this forum is comical. The lady asked if it would help not if it was magical product.

The lady also asked this question back in April 2012, and a brand new member bumped this post 4 months after the last response just to talk about this thing. Agree with your first sentence, though. :tongue:
  • JeremyC1989
    Options

The lady also asked this question back in April 2012, and a brand new member bumped this post 4 months after the last response just to talk about this thing. Agree with your first sentence, though. :tongue:

Haha.... Guilty, it's been a long time since I've been on a forum. That's what I get for a google search on neoprene and falling into a discussion that I couldn't stay out of.
  • tillicollapse91
    Options
    I've been using it since last week, and it sure does make you sweat! lol I haven't really seen a difference in my belly size, but I enjoy knowing that I'm sweating a lot where I used to not sweat very much :) It's kinda neat...
  • ShefikB
    Options
    You guys are crazy! Yes the belt has a purpose. It doesn't work in the way you all are talking about it. It ACTUALLY works by forcing a certain posture and training the ab muscles to be in a certain position. All while increasing core temperature, it will also support your core while lifting weights.

So all the magic potion talk is misinformation. Try it and then tell me if you don't see results then come back with your own opinion.

I personally like to reshape my waist from this beer belly i used to have and I feel it forces me to flex my ab muscles thereby training me to slim my own waistline.

Then again having a chest cold and coughing up the mucus is a great core workout for your waist too!

…to each his own…
  • katiefornia
    Options
    I use one when i do cardio. I wear it under a t-shirt and a hoodie and i am soaaaaaked in sweat by the time I'm done! Might not help you lose "weight" but helps me loose inches.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I read nothing but the title of this post and im going to go with a NO.
  • tlebel75
    tlebel75 Posts: 10
    Options
    Just set in the sun so your fat will melt away.
  • Shor7yb83
    Options
    Has the sweat belt worked for anyone on here ?
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Has the sweat belt worked for anyone on here ?

NO, these things don't work. The feeling of sweaty and compressed skin gives you a perception your waist is smaller. In reality it will be back to it's original state within minutes.
  • paycheckchic
    Options
    I agree with a lot of comments posted here, that it does help you lose water weight, which you then gain right back. But one thing NO ONE has mentioned is the fact that it restricts your eating portions. My friend bought it for that purpose and since it is constricting, it has worked for her for portion control. Not sure if others wear it for that or just for working out but thought I would share.
  • fitnhealthi
    Options
    I like mine because as a woman I like to not be bloated I have noticed a significant difference when I do cardio. If anything it is $5 to help motivate it might not reduce my body fat but it definitely reduces my bloating, so I looked better. All my figure competing friends use one and love theirs too. I say $4.88 for priceless motivation is a great thing. Totally worth the $$
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    nvm