Brides to be using feeding tubes

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    I saw it on GMA today.

I think the photo they use on the article is hysterical, and very sad. Gaunt and drawn with dark circles under the eyes... isn't that every bride's dream of how they'll look on their wedding day?!
    That's not the end of the sexy:
    "The main side effects are bad breath; there is some constipation because there is no fiber in the food," he said.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 575 Member
    That is just sickening!
  • Wow..just wow. My husband would never allow me to hurt my body like this! So disturbing!!
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    I just read this article and all I can say is 'Are you kidding me???????'! I was on this diet 20 yrs ago- because I was in a car accident and lying the hospital. And no, I would never want to do that again.

I believe ppl have to have some psychological screening to get certain surgeries-- this situation should require the patient AND the doctor to undergo evaluation!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    AND, it's kinda like Atkins in a tube.

The tube kills me, and I use a neti-pot to clean my nose. UGH!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Incredibly disturbing! Seriously...it's ONE day people. And who cares if you're 10 lbs heavier or not?? These are the same people who will also spend the rest of their lives paying OFF this wedding....whether the marriage lasts or not. I can't believe the Grooms of these women have nothing to say about this. If I had wanted to do something like this before OUR wedding 10 years ago, my husband would have gone ape ****!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    WOW... That is awful that a doctor actually suggest and offers such a disgusting and ridiculous solution! That is NO way of life and you're not solving the problem of how to lose or keep the weight off a normal way!!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    This is disturbing. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to do this! I am pretty sure my husband would not want me to go through that to lose 10 lbs. Do it the old fashioned way and exercise and eat right. Wow. The weirdest part is that they have to keep a tube in their nose constantly for 10 days. Pretty. Also, the lady that went on about how tired she was, duh.. lady, you aren't eating anything to nourish your body and keep it healthy. I bet anyone who does this will seriously mess up their bodies for the rest of their lives. Come on people.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Is this the Terri Schiavo diet?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Can the groom use the tube? I mean on the wedding night, that sounds like it would be a pretty fun time.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member

I mean, it's how my 2-months-early, 2lbs each, twin daughters were fed for the first month of their lives, so it must be healthy, right??
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    Incredibly disturbing! Seriously...it's ONE day people. And who cares if you're 10 lbs heavier or not?? These are the same people who will also spend the rest of their lives paying OFF this wedding....whether the marriage lasts or not. I can't believe the Grooms of these women have nothing to say about this. If I had wanted to do something like this before OUR wedding 10 years ago, my husband would have gone ape ****!
    Excellent point. So many people give much more thought to the wedding than the marriage itself. It's a little *kitten*-backward, if you ask me.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Downright twisted & pathetic...The Doc should have his license yanked!
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    The girl in the article looks like she has a terminal illness!! Terrible!! Shocking that a so-called-doctor would support this sort of dangerous treatment.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    I just saw this article! Walking around with a feeding tube up my nose is NOT a good look. This is crazy.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member

ha
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    She's going to gain all that weight and then some on her honeymoon
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    The girl in the article looks like she has a terminal illness!! Terrible!! Shocking that a so-called-doctor would support this sort of dangerous treatment.

I was going to say, its not her weight so much as her nose. She should have spent the money of rhinoplasty and botox like a normal person.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Can anyone tell me why you need the tube and can't just sip the mix (they could add a nice flavouring to increase the calories to, say, 810 a day!?)? Or even put bran in so you don't get constipated?

Utterly bizarre.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Why would a woman want to go Auschwitz mode for her wedding?