Options

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hello every one
    Cw 233
    Gw 190

I am setting my goal weight high #1because it may be attainable and #2 because I am a heavy person. I have always weighed more than I looked.

If...when I get to 190 I will see how it goes and maybe try for another 10 and get to 180. I have not seen that weight for as long as I can remember. Maybe when I wax 11 or 12 and now I am 52.

Thanks for posting this tthread, it has really got me thinking about goals.

Cindy
  • leeyah8
    leeyah8 Posts: 1
    Options
    My goal weight is 165. I weigh 210 now. I wear a size 16 in jeans.
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    Hello! Am 5'9 and fairly large framed. Goal is 150 lb...currently 180 but weigh-in is tomorrow. I wish you all the best on your journey!
  • elizzlebizzle
    elizzlebizzle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey!! I'm 5'9 too- love seeing all these tall ladies! It's so hard to relate to our shorter friends' numbers- I can't even visualize what shorter people's goals are...

I'm 28. Highest weight was in the 180s- probably 185+

current goal weight is 160
    would LOVE to get down to 150 - that may be my ultimate goal weight.

my lowest weight was ~159 and a lot of people noticed. I'm a pretty extreme pear shape- 34/29/45 so my upper body is pretty small. I've been logging into MFP for about a month now and exercising every day. Haven't seen that much of a weight loss (when I started logging I was 174, now I'm 172) but my fitness levels have definitely improved a LOT. I can run for faster and longer and I can lift heavier weights. I have also noticed that my leg "dimples" - more like cellulite or something- have gone away / improved a ton. So happy about that! I'm doing the 30 day shred in addition to a bunch of cardio- rowing, elliptical, running, hiking, STAIRMASTER.. omg. on and on.

I'm looking for friends on here, especially those taller ladies that recognize how although we do "carry weight well" it is frustrating to not have people notice all our hard work until we drop 10+ pounds! add me if you want a pal :)
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow. Terrific thread. Thanks for this, ladies! I'll be 51 in a few weeks, and have struggled with weight all of my life. Of course, I look back of photos from my 20s and think -- wow, I was beautiful and thin then! Hindsight...

Stats
    H: 5'9"
    SW (6 weeks ago): 333 lbs
    CW: 323
    I'm pretty sure my highest weight was around 350
    GW: 180

If I can get there, I'll revisit my goals. I'm swimming 3-6 days a week and counting calories/nutrients with MFP's help. When I was swimming regularly in my late 20s, I weighed around 180, wore a loose size 18, and was in terrific shape. To give you an idea of my frame, I wear a size 12 or size 13 shoe (that's 43 or 44 in Euro sizes), and my bra is currently a 42J (so for the other person with a J cup, boy, I can relate). Have always been large-busted and it was hell in my teens and 20s. Lots of unwanted attention. Didn't matter how modestly I dressed, men talked to my chest.

It's quite telling that very few of the respondents so far have goal weights below 140 or so -- I think it's a healthy recognition that if you're tall, you're going to have some weight, how much depending on the bone structure/build. I want this journey to be about better health and better living. Hope you all will be sisters with me on this road.
  • drdelirium
    drdelirium Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I range around 5'8.5" I think because I'm slouching a lot more in recent years, lol. My highest was just under 202, recently, and the 200's scared me, so I came here last month and got down to about 195. My first goal is 175, which is around how much I weighed ~3 years ago when I was vegetarian and took up running. My dream goal is 155, which I remember back in high school, but I'd be happy if I got and stayed anywhere below 175! Right now I'm trying to use MFP + Fitbit + C25K as diet & exercise to help me track & lose weight. Feel free to add me!
  • bullieforme
    Options
    I can relate to your story. I am 5 ft 8" and now weigh in at 139lb. I was 206lb in January this year and have managed to lose a lot of weight but still not totally happy with the way I look. Only bit of fat left is around my flabby tummy ! Not sure what to do about it.
    I guess I would like to weigh about 133 lb. But if I keep losing weight it comes off places I don't want it to.
  • lbpears
    lbpears Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So interesting to see the variation in the goals and sizes. Body type and composition counts for a lot!

I am 5'10", I currently weigh 197 and wear a size 12. My initial goal is 175,and then I will reassess. I should be a size 8-10 at that weight, I think. I have 155 in mind as my ultimate goal, but when I weighed that a few years ago, I got there through unhealthy habits that were not sustainable. So we will see.
  • krm41213
    krm41213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" my goal weight is 145 and to be a comfortable size 6. My heaviest was 167lbs i'm now down to 149lbs. Thank goodness for my personal trainer!
  • tgibson0014
    tgibson0014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all sharing. I am just under 5'9'' and currently at 203. My goal weight is around 160, but my real goal is a size 10 pant and medium shirts. My weight is less of a concern as long as I am fit and trim. I'll be 40 in a year and believe that at some point in my life, I won't even look good trying to be what I was in college. So, I'm just looking forward to be a hotty at 40! :)
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'10, want to get to 150
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My goal height is 5'9". If I grew 3 inches I'd be happy with my weight.
  • alpacapunch1989
    Options
    I'm 5'9''
    My current weight is 182 and I'm looking to get down to around 140. :)
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My starting weight was 195 (August 2013) and I am now at 165.

I managed to get down to 159 back in March but bounced back up rather quickly. I've been easily maintaining 165 and my clothes don't fit any differently than they did at 159 so I am happy where I'm at. I wish I had calculated my bf% when I started vs. now!

I'm a size 10 in most clothing brands.
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 and my goal weight is 159. That's what I maintained at for 15 years before my weight gain.
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'8" and am currently 200lbs. My starting weight was 216 and hoping to see at 160 what I look like. I am big boned with broad shoulders, thick calf muscles. I look kind of fluffy right now, with the majority of my weight in the middle. :(
  • ac_180
    ac_180 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 21, 5'9" large framed, and my goal weight is 160 lbs. I may re-evaluate when I get there, but that is first!
  • OrganikPunk
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently at 155 pounds, I'm determined to lose another 25 - 30 pounds to get to my goal weight of 125 - 130 pounds! Gahh so much work but I know it will be worth it when I'm finally comfortable in my own skin.. I'm 19 right now so I'm hoping that by the time I turn 20 I'll be there, that's plenty of time I think!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 years old, 5'9" and currently 224. For a decade my weight stayed around the 200lb mark - I have a muscular heavy set build. I was okay with that, but I quit smoking and shot up to 275 pounds within about 6 months.

I started with a goal weight of 190 - to get back to where I was for so long - but am now dreaming of 160. Partly because due to several injuries I am not going to be doing the same activities I was doing before, so I have lost a lot of muscle that won't be coming back in this lifetime. And partly because - why not aim for something light and easy on the feet and knees!!!!
  • haku23
    haku23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, 5"9, and my goal weight is, right now...under 200 pounds! I'm currently 234, and before now I was about 180-190. I'd like to get back to that and then reassess. 160 will likely be my final goal but I'll have to see how I feel once I reach 180!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!