5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    Im about 5'10ish... My goal is to maintain between 150-155.
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8.5" and am hoping for 135-145. I have been 135 before and liked how slender I felt, but I didn't really have any muscle tone. I am curious this time around to see what is ideal when I start lifting. Currently around 155lbs (down from about 195lbs last year) and plan to restart SL5x5 after I finish my first half marathon this weekend.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I don't like to look like a stick. I perfer myself at 165-170. I look GOOD at that weight. :love:
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The main goal is to just be able to not have to go to the plus sized section, which I am getting close to already at 227. I hope to get to 190 mainly through basic dieting and exercise and then shift into toning and gaining muscle. I told my Dr. that the BMR charts said I should be under 165# and she said she wanted to see me at 190 and we could figure out more from there. It's not about the number, it's about how I feel, so if I am a 10/12 at 190 and feel confident and strong, then I'll just stay there. I've never been skinny, and I don't want to live the rest of my life being scared of the scale, so if I'm a healthy bigger girl, I'm okay with that.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and the Dr. set a goal weight for me of 180 (which I hit this weekend, woo hoo!) I fit comfortably into size 10's (mostly, depending on brand...). I think I'm going to lose another 10lb, and make 170 my goal. But it's less about a number, and more about being healthy and strong.
  • JocelynElizabeth2014
    Options
    Hello! I'm right around 5'8" and I am 20 years old.

Starting Weight : 280 (35 days ago)

Current Weight: 268 (4/21/14)

Goal Weight : 130-150

My first short-term goal is to lose 50lbs by Aug. 15...so 38lbs to go (:
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Back in the day (ahem) in high school I was 150 and very active with various sports. I was a size 12 and 5'9". Superbly jealous of all you ladies in a size 6 at that same weight/height! My freshman year of college I LOST 15 pounds and that felt awesome, as I could wear a size 8/10.

That said, now I'm 35 with a couple of young kids and had most of my thyroid surgically removed. I am hoping to get back to the 150's, but that isn't a hard set goal. It will depend on how I feel, other health concerns, and what the doc says. Right now he says start with 40-60lbs a year weight loss, and we'll take it from there. I'm also nursing my 1 year old, so gotta take it slow......

SW 269 (Sept 2013)
    CW: 239 (April 2014
    GW1:200 by Dec 2014
    GW2: 170 by May 2015
    UGW:150 by Sept 2015
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SW: 235
    CW: 215
    GW: 175 ish

I have never been super small, but I was in the 160's in my 20's and looked good :)
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    MTCBVBC20CAM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    20 years old
    5`9
    started at 195
    goal weight: 160
    ultimate goal weight: 145
  • sweetqueene
    Options
    I am 5' 9" and i started at 240. I got down to 175 but then gained back. I am now at 201 and working my way back down. i want to be 150 but thats an extreme goal for me. I would be extremely happy with 160 :)
  • allisonfike
    allisonfike Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", started at 221lbs in 2011, and am now 160, goal weight is 140. My goal is to be a size 6. :)
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5, I started at 185 and now I am at 168. I am looking to get down to 145-155... Just looking to see where I feel the most comfortable.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 27, goal 155
  • angeline7395
    angeline7395 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5' and my goal weight is 160lbs. I've had 4 kids and 3/4 c -sections...this has made me balloon up to 200lbs at my heaviest. I'm currently 180 lbs so I've got some more work to do. Day by day, I'm doing it!
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    I'm 5'8 so close to you. I'm currently 144 I want to be 125 with 10% body fat. <3
  • angeline7395
    angeline7395 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5' and my goal weight is 160lbs. I've had 4 kids and 3/4 c -sections...this has made me balloon up to 200lbs at my heaviest. I'm currently 180 lbs so I've got some more work to do. Day by day, I'm doing it!
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    age 37 height 5'8"
    Heaviest weight: 201 (2007)
    Heaviest weight this year: 185
    current weight: 175
    Goal weight: 165 or so...smaller then that and you can see my hip bones which is gross!!

I did South Beach in 2007 for a few months and dropped down to 180-185 by December of that year and maintained that until January of this year more because I was active at work but didn't want to make the lifestyle change of truly eating healthy and getting some form of exercising everyday. In late 2010 I was diagnosed with spinal degeneration, fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis and have been getting by on steroid epidurals to help me walk due to the spinal degenertion, pain meds in between for that and my other two chronic illnesses. This year when my hubby started dropping weight in January for a weight loss challenge at work I decided to get serious in February to try and get the remaining weight off this year that I want for me to feel sexier for myself and my husband. The ten pounds I have gotten off the last few months have made a massive difference in the amount of pain I have from my spinal issue and is very liberating for me when the clothes I want to buy I no longer need to be modify to fit (pesky back zipping dresses)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 so close to you. I'm currently 144 I want to be 125 with 10% body fat. <3

15% bodyfat is physique competition levels for women and is unhealthy if not virtually impossible to maintain all year round.

Obviously not everyone will look the same at the same bf% (lean body mass percentage and build accounts for a lot) but here's a rough idea:

female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg

19-24% might be a more realistic goal unless you're training to compete.
  • arnalundgren
    arnalundgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sw: 219lbs/99.5kg
    Cw: 190lbs/86.5kg
    Gw: About 160lbs/73kg

:)
  • ddelbeau
    ddelbeau Posts: 9
    Options
    I am 26 year old nurse who is also going to school. I was 238 when I started bout 3 weeks ago, I am currently at 230 lbs. I want to first reach the goal of 200 and then do increments of 10 lbs to a point where I feel like I look healthy. I know that when I was in college I weighed 190 and I looked good, when I weighed 175 in high school everyone said I look sick. So we will see how I feel once I reach the my first goal of 200!

Summer if coming and I want to be confident in my bathing suits.

Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, the more support we have the better our results! I wish everyone the best f luck on reaching their goals, if we stick t it we should all reach ours!

=)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!