5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Montana_mama
    Montana_mama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My SW was 181 (beginning of May 2013), CW 166 and GW is somewhere between 140 - 150. That's a big range, but I haven't been below 160 for 15 years, and I have to gauge when I get there. I'm pretty happy in my healthy weight range now, and look fine, but am a faster runner and feel a little better in the lower 150s.
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" and I'd like to be around 140-145. At one point I got down to 135lbs and loved, but I am not sure that is reasonable to maintain with an extra 10+ years of age tacked on. Ideally my first major goal is for all of my old pants to fit again, which would be at around 158lbs.

SW: 195
    CW: 167
    GW:145
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im 5'9
    starting weight :12 stone 168 pounds
    current weight ::10 stone 4 pounds/144 pounds
    goal :9 and a half -10 stone 135-140 pounds
    mainly want to tone up and be less of a pear shape almost two sizes different on my top to bottom :s
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160 - our healthy range is betwee n 145 and 160. I'm evenly proportioned and I've been down to 160 before which was really a comfortable and flattering weight on my build so I've decided to make that my goal. I've never incorporated strength training though and I plan to shed/drop weight to 160 and then start lifting. If I lose more than 160 that would be okay but my initial goal starts there - If I gain more than 160 and maintain my physique/become more toned/lean that will be okay too :)
  • serialweightwatcher
    Options
    Love this thread! (even if it is an old one)

I’m 5’9” and 41 years old. I have a large frame and I’m muscular. My main goal for now is to get under 190 and out of the plus size department. After that I’ll decide ultimately where I want to be by focusing on my % of body fat. At my thinnest, when I rocked a bikini body in my 20’s, I hovered around 160. It would be a dream to get to that at this point in my life and not sure I want to – I’m not interested in having the body of my 20’s again. Rather, I will focus more on being healthy and fit rather than how much I weigh, what my BMI is (past a certain point BMI is not an accurate measure of health in my opinion, yet is a necessary evil in the insurance world) or what size I am. I would rather weigh more and be fit, firm and tone than be saggy, jiggly, skinny. I don’t want to live the rest of my life being hungry or depriving myself. I think I’ll be much happier living in moderation.

SW 272 (06/10/13)
    CW 248 (09/02/13)
    GW <190 (May 2014???)
  • ladyzerosix
    ladyzerosix Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a little under 5'10"
    I just started last week and my SW is 345lbs my overall goal is 225lbs for now. I have actually never weighed that little before except for when I was a child/tween so I will be very proud of myself if I make it to that point. My goal will be to maintain that weight and hopefully make it to under 200 lbs one day!
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    hi healthy weight scale for 5.9 is from 135lb to 170lb ... my goal is 135lb but id be happy to get under 170 at least.

start weight 246..current 218.. target 135
  • chesterchester
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and my goal weight is 145. Currently 178.
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10
    sw 305
    cw 250 (current picture in profile)
    goal 175

might sound high but honestly i haven't been that small my entire adult life and i have no idea what that will even look like. If i'm not happy at 175 i'll just keep pushing :)
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and have been eating more, but cleaner 80% of the time, Kickin butt at the gym, 3-4 days of strength training/lifting and 4-5 days of cardio, mostly HIITs. Was semi active for last couple of years, but got serious in Feb with diet and exercise in March.

SW 237
    CW 195
    GW 160-165 I will see how I look when I get there
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'9" and weigh 138. I don't really have a weight goal, more of a toned and healthy goal. Right now I'm trying to lose this last bit of stubborn belly fat and I think that'll take me roughly to 128 with my small frame.
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm "big boned". Eh, not sure if that has been my excuse in the past or not. While I'd like to get to 160, I could go lower. I was 145 when I got married. Just tired of being "big" or "thick".
  • elizabethP83
    Options
    i would love to go to 130! i'm 5ft9 and im at 156:( my highest ever! i would love to fit into a size 6!! any tips?
  • change_21
    change_21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and look pretty great at 170-175. I have a pic of me at that in my profile.

However, I am aiming for 160ish and toning it up this time around.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 1/2 -- my current weight is 150... ultimate goal weight is 142.
  • dutchieee0212
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2 and my goal weight is 135, though I'm not even sure i that works with my body, I'll just keep going till I'm happy with the way I look
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8 and currently weigh in around 220lbs (usually a little under but close enough). My goal is around 140, but I'm willing to go higher or lower depending on how I feel. I don't care so much about the number on the scale but rather how I look, feel and whether I'm healthy. My eventual goal is to have a drastically lowered body fat percentage; it's currently around 47% but I'd like around 15% maybe (again, will go by how I look, feel and am healthy).
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.

SW: 200 lbs.
    GW: 160 lbs.
    CW: 163 lbs.

Now that I'm so close to my goal weight...I might change it to 155. Although, the number on the scale isn't the only thing I'm looking at, I gain muscle weight too while still losing inches. :flowerforyou:
  • Pbellemore
    Pbellemore Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 157 now - but I was 138 about 3 years ago after a "divorce diet". At 138 I received lots of comments that I was too thin - or suggestions I not lose any more weight. Looking at photos I do think 138 was too low. Of course, divorce diets don't last, and I shot back up over the last year. So now I am back at it - but trying to do it in a more healthy way. I am thinking 140 would be good, we'll see when I get to 145. I want to be back in my size 6 gap jeans!
  • twentyfourpaws
    twentyfourpaws Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to lose but know weight gain =and more importantly healthy portion sizes! Will be a lifelong challenge for me, so I'm resetting my brain here!

Just restarting now, currently 149, which is my uh oh number. My heaviest was 164.7 and lightest (a few months ago) since adulthood was 146.2,...
    I do little goals at a time! Goal is 145 right now, since I've never gotten there. Then maybe 142. Don't know if I'd look good or realistically be able to hit below 140 since I put on muscle semi quickly, but who knows. First, 145!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!