Tell me more about Shiritaki noodles!

Options
2»

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I had a bad experience with Shirataki noodles before, but tonight I decided to make them again.

shirataki.jpg

Rinse. DRY. Cook in frying pan till very dry (7 mins) - I used a light oil spray.

Scramble one egg. Added soy sauce, onions, celery, green onion, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and black pepper.

Delicious!

ETA: huge plate of food for around 220 calories. *I did not use the Tofu ones... just regular Shirataki.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Rinse the CRAP out of those things. I cannot stress that enough. Then blot them dry and you should be good to go. Once rinsed they're rather flavorless but I suppose that's what a good fresh tomato sauce or the like is for.
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    Eh. They are not really bad or anything, but they are not great. I would prefer to just fit some whole wheat noodles into my allowance than eat them just because they are low calorie - just one of those things.
  • glitterpiss
    glitterpiss Posts: 113
    Options
    I don't get the big deal about these noodles. They have no calories, no nutritional value, whats the point?
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't get the big deal about these noodles. They have no calories, no nutritional value, whats the point?

I think that is the point :) I saved about 150 calories at lunch today by subbing it out for my whole grain pasta, and I was very satisfied. It then allowed me to have an a nice snack later on.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

You can use them to bulk up foods that do have nutritional value!!!

Also, for me, they let me get my pasta fix without the carbs! Perfect.
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just made them again today for lunch and this time added double the lean chicken breast that I normally add. I love that I am already at 90 grams of protein for the day and was able to have a nice big lunch after my workout.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I had a bad experience with Shirataki noodles before, but tonight I decided to make them again.

shirataki.jpg

Rinse. DRY. Cook in frying pan till very dry (7 mins) - I used a light oil spray.

Scramble one egg. Added soy sauce, onions, celery, green onion, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and black pepper.

Delicious!

ETA: huge plate of food for around 220 calories. *I did not use the Tofu ones... just regular Shirataki.
    I made a version of this for dinner the other night. I also added a little meat, red and green peppers and some kimchi. and Mother of God was that good. Even better today as a left over!
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Never tried them but I heard they're good in asian inspired dishes. I heard you can get some that are made with seaweed too, which would be a good way to get more iodine if you don't eat sea vegetables otherwise.