burn 800-4000 calories per day, how much should I eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I will be back a little later to reply to the rest of the posts that I haven't replied to yet. Busy at work now.

My thoughts:

"I am really disappointed and discouraged now because I dont want to lose 2lbs per week. It is going to take forever for me to get down to 200lbs. If I will be losing muscle from burning more than I eat and going below my BMR then I say goodbye muscle. I have always had no problem putting muscle back on.

For example: I was in boot camp 10 years ago and while I was there we were running 10 miles per day, and doing cardio for 8+ hours a day. Definitely burning the same if not more calories than what I am burning in the gym now. Now heres the thing, we were only allowed to eat when were were told to eat and trust me it was definitely not much. I lost 50lbs in 4 months. There were some people who had access to weights for lifting and they bulked up big time. All right in front of my eyes.

We were all eating way below our BMR and we all survived just fine with TREMENDOUS weight loss. It was because we did not keep up a diet to MAINTAIN afterwards that we gained weight back. I am looking to work just as hard now and after I do, switch to a maintain mode. I understand the numbers but I don't understand how this worked for 100's of us in boot camp but everyone here says it will not work.

Also, there is a documentary on netflix called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," where the guy juices nothing but veggies and fruits for 60 days and loses 83lbs. He has doctors supervision and afterwards he leads a healthy lifestyle of a balanced diet and exercise program to maintain and even trim a little bit more. Not going to lie, I want a quick fix because I know that my mind is strong enough to make it last afterwards. I quit smoking, quit fast food, quit drinking pop, and more. When I set out to do something I am determined to do it. I don't want to wait a year to be where I want to be. I want to be there in 3 months and then maintain. I would rather be skinny trying to put on muscle than fat and trying to lose weight. I would like to get an attractive girlfriend sometime soon, rather than waiting a year till my confidence is back."

Those are just my thoughts now. I just woke up and am in RANT mode but hey, I will process everything that was said in these posts and be back later.

Can you guys watch that movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and explain to me how they did it then? I would rather do what they did seriously. No matter what I am going to post what I have done to lose all my weight, so in the end we will see what really works!

have a great day everyone! Thanks for the advice!

DUDE, go after it and do what you want, i have encouraged you to do this 3 other times, stop the debate contest with everyone and do your own thing, seriously, you have the mind set, go after it, you know what you want, go get it!!! can't wait to see your results positive or negative, i want to see what happens, no judgement here (i was 26 worked for lifetime fitness, i had a bet with a trainer 40 pounds in 30 days, started at 220 lbs and 23% body fat, we rocked it and i was ripped at the end, weighed in at 185lbs and 7% body fat, it was awesome, it took me 10 years to gain it all back and then some, my fault though, started a business and a family other priorities)
  • nivlage
    nivlage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will be back a little later to reply to the rest of the posts that I haven't replied to yet. Busy at work now.

My thoughts:

"I am really disappointed and discouraged now because I dont want to lose 2lbs per week. It is going to take forever for me to get down to 200lbs. If I will be losing muscle from burning more than I eat and going below my BMR then I say goodbye muscle. I have always had no problem putting muscle back on.

For example: I was in boot camp 10 years ago and while I was there we were running 10 miles per day, and doing cardio for 8+ hours a day. Definitely burning the same if not more calories than what I am burning in the gym now. Now heres the thing, we were only allowed to eat when were were told to eat and trust me it was definitely not much. I lost 50lbs in 4 months. There were some people who had access to weights for lifting and they bulked up big time. All right in front of my eyes.

We were all eating way below our BMR and we all survived just fine with TREMENDOUS weight loss. It was because we did not keep up a diet to MAINTAIN afterwards that we gained weight back. I am looking to work just as hard now and after I do, switch to a maintain mode. I understand the numbers but I don't understand how this worked for 100's of us in boot camp but everyone here says it will not work.

Also, there is a documentary on netflix called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," where the guy juices nothing but veggies and fruits for 60 days and loses 83lbs. He has doctors supervision and afterwards he leads a healthy lifestyle of a balanced diet and exercise program to maintain and even trim a little bit more. Not going to lie, I want a quick fix because I know that my mind is strong enough to make it last afterwards. I quit smoking, quit fast food, quit drinking pop, and more. When I set out to do something I am determined to do it. I don't want to wait a year to be where I want to be. I want to be there in 3 months and then maintain. I would rather be skinny trying to put on muscle than fat and trying to lose weight. I would like to get an attractive girlfriend sometime soon, rather than waiting a year till my confidence is back."

Those are just my thoughts now. I just woke up and am in RANT mode but hey, I will process everything that was said in these posts and be back later.

Can you guys watch that movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and explain to me how they did it then? I would rather do what they did seriously. No matter what I am going to post what I have done to lose all my weight, so in the end we will see what really works!

have a great day everyone! Thanks for the advice!

DUDE, go after it and do what you want, i have encouraged you to do this 3 other times, stop the debate contest with everyone and do your own thing, seriously, you have the mind set, go after it, you know what you want, go get it!!! can't wait to see your results positive or negative, i want to see what happens, no judgement here (i was 26 worked for lifetime fitness, i had a bet with a trainer 40 pounds in 30 days, started at 220 lbs and 23% body fat, we rocked it and i was ripped at the end, weighed in at 185lbs and 7% body fat, it was awesome, it took me 10 years to gain it all back and then some, my fault though, started a business and a family other priorities)

Thanks guys! I will keep you up to date with my progress! Thank you all for your input! It has definitely given me much to process!!