Looking for a new workout dvd

Options
13»

Replies

• bombsfadeaway
    bombsfadeaway Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD. I do all three levels and burn about 750 calories during the 50 minutes (your mileage will vary depending on weight). It's actually pretty enjoyable, as it features contestants from the show. Seeing REAL people working out instead of a bunch of already fit people makes me feel good. I lost my first 45 lbs with this DVD doing it once a day.

I also have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and her No More Trouble Zones DVDs. The 30 Day Shred is okay, but I find that it doesn't burn as many calories for the time spent as I'd like.

The No More Trouble Zones is great- 40 minutes of actual working out, plus warm up and cool down. None of the moves are impossible (though at least one - something where you lay on your side and have to lift yourself up - still gives me trouble and something to work towards). Both of the Jillian DVDs use circuit training, which is good for maximizing results as opposed to just cardio/just weights.
  • swimmer018
    Options
    As a suggestion, if you're going to get Zumba (which I would), I'd order the original older set. I have both the old and the new and the old are a much better workout in terms of cardio and calorie burn.

Which is the old one? I've been looking into Zumba, and I've read this comment by a number of people (here and elsewhere on the internet) and I'm not sure what is meant by the "old" version...

I'm horribly disappointed. I just looked on amazon and in an attempt to promote all the new "exhilarate" videos, they aren't selling them really. This is the system I prefer. http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334706678&sr=8-2

I wonder if you can get them at a library too?
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Or something like Craigslist/Freecycle.
  • vahlkyree
    vahlkyree Posts: 10
    Options
    Which is the old one? I've been looking into Zumba, and I've read this comment by a number of people (here and elsewhere on the internet) and I'm not sure what is meant by the "old" version...

I'm horribly disappointed. I just looked on amazon and in an attempt to promote all the new "exhilarate" videos, they aren't selling them really. This is the system I prefer. http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334706678&sr=8-2

Yay! Thank you - I was hoping you could share a link the actual one you prefer. :-) I agree - it's frustrating that you can't find it anywhere. It looks like only the most recent release is readily available anywhere...

I've looked at my local library, and they have a looooong waiting list for the Zumba videos. I will have to check out CraigsList, though - I keep forgetting to look there.