Passive aggressive much?

Options

Replies

• ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    I really hope you are able to talk to them soon to figure out wtf made them think that was ok to do! I'm so sorry they were so mean! You're doing a great job, keep it up!
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump, cause I wanna know what happens as well.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's not passive aggressive. That's hateful :angry:
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would be TOO Pissed. I live at home but I buy some of my own food. PLUS Im the only who is up at night since my day doesn't start till 1 pm. OH HELL NO!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    As I write this post, I'm irritated as EFF! I walk into the kitchen to grab some pain reliever and I notice that the fridge is pad locked!! I'm do a double take..... WTF? I've been eating right and working out since the 2nd week of Feb. and I'm down 15lbs and this happens... So, what would you take from that? Would you be offended? I sure as hell am!

Uh... yeah, I'd be offended. Seriously offended. Like moving out in the middle of the night offended

Adding a second pad lock would be equally passive aggressive and wouldn't require tools... then everyone would have to be present and accounted for to open the fridge. taking the hinges off the door and just leaving them in place would be good too, but then you're back to the tool thing.

Seriously? I hope you post an update with what happens in the AM when you ask WHY??? That's just wrong.

But you're right... don't let it derail you. A mini fridge in your room might be a good idea if you can afford it.
    This is not the right thing to do, or even a good thing to do. I would be a bad thing to do.

But my fingers are itching to grab my toolbox, find an all-night grocery store with a decent hardware section, and head over to you place to start puttung padlocks on all the kitchen cupboords and everything else in sight. The coffeemaker, all the toilets and the TV remotes especially.

If the OPL (Original Pad-Locker) had some good reason for installing the lock (like, say, a rash of non-dairy creamer thefts in your neighborhood), they should have told you. Or left a note. Or something.
  • janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    That's just ridiculous.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    there's three of you in the house and this happens? that's not a way to support you! and they don't say anything about it? unless one of your parents secretly sleep eats and hasn't told you yet.:P man, I want to know what happens in the morning too!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping this turns out to be something other than it seems. If it isn't, then you do not deserve to be treated that way in any way, shape, or form. But I really would recommend talking to them rather than doing anything else rash in retaliation. Things escalate way too quickly when you make assumptions sometimes, and I'd hate for you to end up feeling like the bad guy if it turns out that it was meant for a different reason than it seems.

Either way, keep going the right direction, and good luck!
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Before getting upset, I would ask why they did it.

Mainly commenting to see the reason why it happened.
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    My guess is that it's probably about the money, who paid for the food, etc., more than a judgment on your eating habits. Most families fight/differ over money, and then they do mean/stupid things to make sure they get their "fair share." Hope I'm wrong.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    Thats appaling! I would get my own back, i.e, cutting the plug off the fridge so all the food goes to waste, or do something really childish like cling film the toilet seat! :laugh:

So much for them being supportive though.... If you are doing well, they didn't need to do that. If you'd told them to, I could understand it, like I ask hubby to hide chocolate from me if I know its in the house!

Get your own fridge, like a little mini beer fridge, have it in your room or something. Thats what my sister in law did, as everything in her dads fridge led her to temptation, but she'd always keep a pic of herself looking overweight on it, to stop her going in there!

All the best with your weight loss!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds like something that would happen at university when there were endless "Who's been drinking my milk/eating my cheese?!" arguments. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of it soon, and that's not just your parents being really mean to you!
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump....too weird. I hope there's a reasonable purpose!
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    wow, im soo glad no one at my house has done that. but i can't believe they would do that. hopefully they have a good reason like say the door to the fridge wouldn't stay shut. im guessing probably not. hopefully everything works out this morning
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    While I totally agree with everyone's comments...

I sometimes wish someone would padlock my fridge...

freezer...

oh,

and the cabinets too. :grumble:

Would make things so much easier sometimes.

Good luck.
  • Rozlynmac
    Rozlynmac Posts: 71
    Options
    Nothing to add, just bump.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How the hell do you padlock fridges/cupboards/etc.? I DON'T GET IT

Either way, it's messed up.