too skinny or not

Options
im 5ft 8 138 llb can wear children size clothes ?

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? Pics needed.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Curious. Are you happy? Were you anorexic as a child? For your height, it's definitely on the thin side. Do you want to build up more?

For reference, I'm 5'6 and 165lbs. (But I lift weights.)
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    recent pic on profile
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    i was skinny has child i lift weight but looking for 10 % body fat
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and always hover around 130 (female) and I'm not too thin, but the equivalent for somebody standing at 5'8 would be around 145 I think. Perhaps make it your goal to gain a little weight/build a little muscle.

If you're having to ask the question, you probably already know the answer yourself! x
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    my husband is around your height and only like 7lbs heavier and he looks good.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you are the weight you are at the age you are, then don't sweat it. That's how your body rolls.
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    thanks yea wii fit says i should be 145 llb but i feel better slimmer than i was at that weight
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    my bmi is just under 21
  • leavingchunkytown
    Options
    edited. wrong profile
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    How do you feel? I'm a 27 year old male, 5'10" and 130 lbs. Just a few weeks ago I was 124 lbs after trying to get lean, then I had freakout after 3 people in one day told me I looked too skinny or sick (one was my mom). My BMI was 17.4 but I felt fine and was able to keep up my marathon training no problem.
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    i feel good lots of energy dont even feel hungry body now trained too consume less i do take multivitamins has im not having it from food
  • D446
    Options
    Okay, you're serious, i wasn't sure due to the lack of info of the post. I would go on how you feel. Are you eating a healthy amount of calories? Some people are naturally lighter and smaller :)
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Post up a photo with your top off. (Nohomo. Maybe.)

TBH if you were thin as a child, you will be thin as an adult unless you go kerazy with cakes.
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Your food diary is like an advert for Morrissons. :D

You need to eat more vegetabubbles. There's no need for a healthy adult to take multivitamins.
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    some days really low on calories when i feel weak i have a refeed my diary is open to all
  • D446
    Options
    i feel good lots of energy dont even feel hungry body now trained too consume less i do take multivitamins has im not having it from food

Not having what from food? Vitamins? Well you should be. I'm a little worried that your goal is 122. Do you think that will be healthy for you?
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    thats bottom weight for my height would be 18.5 bmi
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Being thin as a child is one thing - I was very thin as a child and even into my teenage years. However, I have no desire to be that small now nor do I think it would look healthy on me to be.

I would seriously think about the health side of being so thin. Thin doesn't equal healthy. It sounds to me like you aren't eating enough, so while you say you've trained your body to get by on less. It also means you've likely slowed your metabolism WAY down. Your body is struggling to complete basic bodily functions - like grow nails, organ health and digestion.

Have you asked a professional what they think about your current weight? I think 122lbs (your goal) on a 5'8" MAN is probably a little on thin side. And quite honestly, if you were feeding your body correctly you wouldn't need to supplement with a multi vitamin. Give your body the nutrients from food and not from a processed pill.

Good Luck.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    5'8'' and you want to be 122. hmmm, I have concerns. I am a woman of 5'5'' and my goal is 122, I even think that might be a little too slim for me.

some of the things you have said suggest that perhaps you have some food issues. you shouldn't eat so little that sometimes you "need a refeed" your intake should be at a level which allows you to continually give your body what it needs. for a man of 5'8'' I would say minimum 2000 to maintain weight.

Now, you may look at my ticker and think, she hasn't lost a thing. True - but I am trying to concentrate on recomp rather than loss (converting body fat to muscle) so don't let that fool you. ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!