too skinny or not

Options

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You are asking for honest opinions... right? I think you're skinny, but not at all healthy. You are exercising to the point of burning 1700-1900 cals a day and should be eating at LEAST half of those back, on top of a good amount just to keep you breathing! Some days you are only consuming 400 cals. You are starving yourself!!!! Eat! Food is NOT the enemy!!!!

Honestly, you need a doctor or nutritionist... immediately. This is NOT healthy. Good luck.
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    ok thanks for your input add me if u like
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary. I'd really urge you to see a doctor, your diet is that of an anorexic and all that seems to sustain you is bread! x
  • AndraSales
    Options
    After looking at your food diary I think you may just be trying to have us all on!

And if not, then I fear you may need help. As a grown man you can't seriously think that is a healthy diet. This is a website for people that are trying to maintain a healthy diet/change bad eating habits/lose weight. I'm not sure why you are on here?

In fact I think you may need help anyway.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    are you in jail?......what's with all the bread?
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary. I'd really urge you to see a doctor, your diet is that of an anorexic and all that seems to sustain you is bread! x

This.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I'm seriously worried for you. You burnt 2500 calories and ate 180 calories. Most days you eat 300-400 calories, and your diet is basically bread and dairylea triangles. Your clearly struggling with an eating disorder and need professional help. You are too slim and if you don't do something soon your going to be in trouble. I've got a cousin who did what your doing but much less exercise and her lips turn blue because her hearrt doesn't work properly. This is serious! Please please go see a doctor. Zara x
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP we weigh about the same but you are 2" taller, I am only going for another 1-2 lbs, to cut up, then will look at bulking, your goal of 122, is way too low for your height. Your current weight is pretty much on the cusp of being underweight.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Even with a multivitamin, you will not get the nutrients your body needs! With the rest of the comments here, I think we are all concerned about your health. I wouldn't aim for any more weight loss. You should be eating much more! Slowly start adding calories to your diet. You need protein! Aim for a healthy goal like adding muscle, and you can't do that without protein!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP Your diary is atrocious and smacks of you having an eating disorder!

All you eat is bread and little else, where exactly do your vitamins and minerals and protein come from?

Your diary is not something you should be proud of nor is it something that should be set as an example, it really is dire.

Rethink what you are doing and start feeding your body some nutrition before you fall ill.

I refuse to comment on how you should attain a 10% bodyfat or how you should lose weight to reach what you perceive as your goal weight, you really need to see your GP now.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You are asking for honest opinions... right? I think you're skinny, but not at all healthy. You are exercising to the point of burning 1700-1900 cals a day and should be eating at LEAST half of those back, on top of a good amount just to keep you breathing! Some days you are only consuming 400 cals. You are starving yourself!!!! Eat! Food is NOT the enemy!!!!

Honestly, you need a doctor or nutritionist... immediately. This is NOT healthy. Good luck.

^^^^^this.
    some days you are on MINUS calories which is seriously unhealthy, you should net at least your BMR as your body needs this amount of calories just to function or it will catabolize muscle - your heart is a muscle and by eating so badly you will damage yourself!!!
    You also need to eat fruit & veg, eating only bread and processed cheese is no good for anyone, it sounds to me like you have an eating disorder and should see your dr or a nutritionist asap x
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    had a nosey at your diary, and its really not healthy. you only seem to eat bread etc, and your net calories arent anywhere near what your body needs. I would suggest you possibly see a nutrionalist for an eating plan that fits you if you can't work our whats right for you.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If you were taking in a healthy diet of whole food, fruits, veggies and proteins, maybe we could all say "sure, you're fine", but it's clear that isn't the case. I think your needs are well beyond the level of what can be handled by a few well-meaning posters here on MFP. Please consider seeing your doctor, a nutritionist or a counselor who specializes in eating issues.

All the best to you...
    Here's to healthy choices.
    Jen
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree that you may have an eating disorder. You eat far too little, especially for your age and as much as you burn through exercise. I hope you take the advice to see a doctor so you can ensure you are healthy :D
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1 multivitamin won't make up for what you're not eating. In fact I'm not sure is serious or not.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

This^^^
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you seem to have your answer from the concerned posters here.

i have a question though...you are asking the question, and yet based on your progress bar, your intention is to go down to 122.
    is this something you will still strive for after receiving advice here? if so, then like someone else said, you seem to be showing signs of anorexia and need to get yourself on a healthy diet containing vitamins and essential minerals and alllllll the things your body needs to function at a healthy level. you said yourself some days you feel weak...that's your body starting to shut down, man.
    healthy calories aren't bad!
    I wish you luck, and hope you get some help with this.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

This^^^

^^^Yes this.I have never seen such a frightening diary. My 35 lb 4 year old eats more than you. Very very troubling. Please get the help you need to get healthy....please.
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Totally gobsmacked by your diary. Yes, you are too skinny and yes, your eating habits are very worrying. Swallow your pride and go to see a doctor NOW. You cant live on a few slices of bread and dairylea triangles every day....and no amount of vitamin supplement will make up for it! Sorry, but you need help straight away.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You must be kidding, I would love to see the protien levels in your blood.
    C'mon?
    If you were to cut yourself, or get sick, there is NO way you could heal. I think you are severly malnourished, and if this is some kind of cry for help, than please ask.
    No judgement, just get some fluids, get some protien, and see your DR. I know your kidney fuction is wrong, you are setting yourself up for osteoporosis, and destroying your liver. SEE A DR>
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!