Women & Weddings (from a guy's point of view)

Options
13»

Replies

• Kirabelly
    Kirabelly Posts: 60
    Options
    I wish there were more guys out there like you, OP.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Nice original post! I kind of love that you assume most brides-to-be haven't completely lost their minds and are getting married with their man in mind and not their big fantastic princess day that they've been planning since they were 12. :laugh:

Or maybe it is just me surrounded by bridezillas? Anyway.. I am a bridesmaid trying to lose weight before two weddings.. though of course that is not my only or main reason.

Anyway - for the ladies - some very sarcastic, very funny reading on this very topic - http://jezebel.com/5901880/lets-get-skinny-for-our-weddings-with-nose-tubes-and-desperation?tag=i-thee-dread

Probably don't read if you don't appreciate wicked sarcasm.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    So true. I was heavy on my wedding day (still am, but working on it) and it didn't keep us from being happy, celebrating with family/friends and having a wonderful time.

I read an article recently about women getting feeding tubes before their weddings in order to lose weight. I think that's sad, and just a little pathetic.

Same here and it's more than a little pathetic. As someone recovered from anorexia, who spent at least a solid year refusing to eat enough food to stay alive and with a tube down her nose to replace those missing calories, it's insulting, disgusting, worrying, and absolutely unacceptable on every level. This makes a mockery of the extremes that some people have to rely on to LIVE. Whether an eating disorder or cancer that makes it hard to get the nutrition you need, an NG tube is the LAST resort for any doctor. Anyone who would prescribe this should have their licenses pulled immediately. Seriously. And can you imagine her little girl, whose mom doesn't pick her up at school because she has a tube stuck down her nose for vanity reasons? She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

In the article I read the doctor was charging $1500 for 10 days on this "diet". It disgusted me. When I got married, my weight wasn't even a thought in my mind. My husband loves me, wants me to be healthy, but if I never shed a pound he'd still love me.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for writing this! Although I got married 5 years ago, this is great!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Nice original post! I kind of love that you assume most brides-to-be haven't completely lost their minds and are getting married with their man in mind and not their big fantastic princess day that they've been planning since they were 12. :laugh:

One can hope there's a way to get through-- not to pop the bubble of a daydream, but perhaps project a little reality with laser beams into the bubble. :) Good good intentions, of course!