When did you consider a bikini?

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I'm just curious ladies, what size were you when you even considered a bikini? I thought by now I'd be ready, but I'm not so sure... I'm just curious if any one would consider one at my current size or if that would probably be one of those "OMG I can't believe she wore that." kind of moments at the pool lol.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've never not considered a bikini.

I've got a friend that's probably about 250 and she wears a bikini likes it's no one's business.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I've never been brave enough for a bikini.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Probably when I get to my goal on 140. We will see how my stomach looks then. Wouldn't be caught dead in one now. I like to quote the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Over the weekend :happy: NSV !!!!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Once I fit in one :)

I've bought one a few weeks back and once it fits well, I'll wear it but only at home ;)

For public use, I am hoping to fit into my tankini with shorts again - better start looking for it soon. Haven't had a chance to wear it in about 5 or 6 years :)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I used to wear them all the time, and I am working on getting back there. Love them!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    We have a pool where I live, in the apartment complex. I can fit in one now, but I've never had one. I've never been thin enough for one. I have a photo I took this morning on my profile page of my belly, it's next to one that says 180 back in Novemeber and then today at 137. I have a hard time determine if I'm being to hard on myself or if its truth and I shouldn't. I have a hard time with "Who care's what everyone else thinks." Because honestly I care what people think haha.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Umm, when I was 15. Haven't considered one since. lol
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I dont really think it matters what size u are or how much u weigh
    I have a thin as a rail GF with no muscle/size zero friend who looks Ok in a bikini, and a friend a size 10/12 (no clue her weight) who is confident and looks great...has it in all the right places...LOL
    I just thinks it depends and of course your comfort level
    I think if u are uncofmy people will sense that
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest, I looked worse in a one piece than in a bikini. Most one piece suits just make me one lumpy blob, no matter what I weigh.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini last summer when I had hit my goal weight and was almost satisfied with how I looked. I have to get back there again before I attempt it this summer.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a peek at your profile and your photos, and I think you should definitely wear a bikini!! :) You look great, you've come a long way!! You are definitely there in my opinion!! :)
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    As soon as I was big enough to fill out a bikini top, which unfortunately wasn't until I was about 17 lol. That's all I ever wear. I find one pieces fit me funny and I just hate tankinis.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I had a peek at your profile and your photos, and I think you should definitely wear a bikini!! :) You look great, you've come a long way!! You are definitely there in my opinion!! :)

Thanks I'm just concerned about my back, it's no where near where I want it haha.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Yup! You are ready for the bikini. Great Job! :smile:
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think you should definately go ahead with the bikini- I think you look amazing!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Just got a new one for this year and I look fierce! But, then again so do hippos. If anyone makes a comment, I'll sit on them.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just got a new one for this year and I look fierce! But, then again so do hippos. If anyone makes a comment, I'll sit on them.

:laugh: no comment, I swear, just laughter!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am shocked, shocked I say! I can't believe you hussies would consent to bearing your ankles in front of god and everybody! This is what I wear to the beach:

swimpad500.jpg
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I consider them very often, but I don't think I'll be wearing one.