30 Day Shred: Jillian Micheals

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am now 25 days in and have seen big improvements. below is a link to a thread I did about it. My profile pic and ticker show my back and side results :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/567912-30ds-24-days-in-progress-with-pics

Good luck everybody Jen x
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Is everyone doing it every day? What about muscle rest. I'm going to try for 3x per week.

I was wondering this too...

I've been seeing all these posts and I never comment because I've been doing 30DS for 3 weeks now, but am only on day 6, haha. I did it 2 days in a row & could barely move the next day. I also do Zumba 2-3 days a week, so I only do the program when I'm not feeling super sore. I understand the whole point is to put stress on your body to make it change more quickly, but I also have a friend who injured herself attempting to do it without any rest days. I'm only on day 6 at Level 1 & I haven't done it consistently straight through, but I've already noticed a difference in how my clothes fit. I figure that doing it a day here or a day there is still better than not doing it at all.

Good luck to all of you that are doing it straight through! :)

I think most of the problem with doing it each day is because when you lift weights, your muscles need time to heal. That is the goal with weight lifting. So, I was told you CAN do this program each day ( as the program is composed of weights, cardio and abs), just perhaps dont use the weights except for every other day. Just go through the motions so you may still get the good cardio and Abs. :)
  • tiffneyduke
    Options
    Going to start today...
  • Misery03
    Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im doing it everyday with 20 minues of palates too, im on day 6 today and it certainly gets easier if you keep pushing threw and youreally do see results earlyon with this program!
    :) feel free to add! :)
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1-DONE...Feel like puking! I guess this is supposed to be a good thing-right? :wink:
  • gamommaof3
    Options
    I completed Level 1 Day 4 today! I'm loving it!!
  • jeanc1689
    jeanc1689 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4! Wasn't as bad as 1 to 3 and I can definitely see my stamina increasing especially with push ups! I have started before but never made it past level 1. I hope to stay strong! In full disclosure I haven't been using weights because I don't have any that seemed light enough. What weights do you all use? 2lbs? 1lb? Feel free to add me, I'm going to try and update my MFP status every day about my 30DS to hold myself accountable!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4! Wasn't as bad as 1 to 3 and I can definitely see my stamina increasing especially with push ups! I have started before but never made it past level 1. I hope to stay strong! In full disclosure I haven't been using weights because I don't have any that seemed light enough. What weights do you all use? 2lbs? 1lb? Feel free to add me, I'm going to try and update my MFP status every day about my 30DS to hold myself accountable!
    My first few days I used 2lb weights, but then moved up to 3lb weights. There's one move in level 2 that I find (STILL and today is day 8 on level 2 for me) is really tough even with just 3lb weights. lol I'm thinking of getting 5lb weights for some of the other moves. If you have bottled water and don't have any weights, try using those to see how you do since they're a lb each. But, beyond that, just do it the best you can. Doing SOMEthing is better than doing NOthing! :smile:
  • pmanco2009
    Options
    < Bump> Starting May 1st.
  • Kylabgeek
    Kylabgeek Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of Level one. Feel good. Great energy. So excited to see the results in 30 days. I have decided not to weigh myself for the 30 days nor take measurements till the end. I don't want to see any water retention from the strength portion and spazz myself out. I took a great deal of measurements and front/back pics in the infamous bikini that's been hiding in my drawer but never worn outside my bedroom. Keep up the great work everyone!

Kat
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day4. Not as sore today, sleeping like a log thou, haha :-)

I find the skipping the worst part, really hurts the front of my calfs, if it gets to much I match it out.
    I can't wait to see the results.
  • mollym127
    Options
    I started this awhile ago...and of course I let life get in the way and only got through almost half of it. I would really really like to get back on track with exercising and eating better...I need to stick with this for 30 days this time. hard but worth it. my boyfriend is no help because he doesnt think I need to lose anything (which I love him for) but it's hard to stay committed. But I can do this for ME. WE can do this for US.