Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options
I know this might be a stupid question, but do you guys still eat junk food as long as it stays under your calorie intake, or do you avoid it ? Can i still lose weight if i eat chocolate but am still under my calorie intake for the day? I have so much chocolate from easter, and i can not watch it all go to waste! I am not talking about eating 2 chocolate bars a day, im more talking about a half a cadbury cream egg here, and a couple of chocolate tin foil rapped eggs there. If i continue eating chocolate daily, just not a whole lot ( of corse i take in fruit and veggies, nuts, dairy, wheats, and good fats aswell ) will it hinder my weight loss ? Thanks !

Replies

• smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy most of the time but I do allow my self to have some other foods also....like cookie cake...today, and it was delicious! I've lost 17lbs with eating in moderation.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your nutritional/calorie requirements, its not junk food.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I indulge once in a while...and only if it fits into my daily goal.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a trigger food that you can't stop eating once you start, I wouldn't deny myself something I truly enjoy, in moderation. Otherwise, you may end up with binges, which DO hinder your weight loss goals. I love chocolate and I have a little almost every day and it hasn't hurt! :smile:
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate, ice cream, potato chips and whatever else I want, all in moderation! For the most part I eat pretty clean but if I want something I don't deprive myself and have it I just don't pig out. Pay close attention to serving sizes tho, 1 cupcake is usually around 200 calories and u think yes I can fit it in but what you didn't realize is that there is 3 or 4 servings to that one cupcake!!!!!
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeh totally lol. But not a mass amount i dont think. I HAVE to have some chocolate or sweet food, especially this week as im on my period. I guess as long as we have things in moderation its ok, if we are eating healthy and exercising etc. xxxxx
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    anything in moderation is acceptable. a cadbury egg or a piece of candy here and there isn't going to ruin everything. On days that I am doing really good with my calories, I will reward myself with a littel sweet treat. Today, I'm letting myself have a serving of jolly rancher jelly beans :happy:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    every now and again I'll treat myself but not on a regular basis (that's what got me here in the first place! )
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Everything....EVERYTHING I use to eat, I still eat........only smaller amounts :-)
  • erinnicolette
    Options
    I eat junk food, but I almost always think twice before I do, remembering what it can do to me. Also, before I take the first bite, I decide how much I'm going to eat, so I don't go over that. It's all about self control.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    of course junk foods are a part of life
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat organic chocolate with low levels of sugar in it and smart puffs/organic cheese doodles somewhat often, but usually I don't really eat dinner, so the calories and other levels are okay, especially since I eat only organic vegetarian stuff and get vegetables and proteins etc. every day and drink only my daily coffee and plain water, so there are no junk calories/chemicals from soda etc. The rest of my snacks are organic flax seeds, which I eat tons of every day, so I only worry if I *KNOW* deep down that I'm hitting the junk too hard, and then I just sort of naturally get tired of it and it fades--I think maybe people could see if trading their mainstream junk food for actual 'natural' or organic brands helps them. I know it can cost more, but to me, I buy them on sale and I don't buy alcohol or meat or other stuff that costs a lot, so it works out. I hope this helps.
  • BRADYDUFF
    BRADYDUFF Posts: 20
    Options
    I treat myself every once in a while to a sweet....nothing crazy...I had a chico stik last night for a snack after my talapia dinner....but I have completely quit eating "LITTLE DEBBIES" and hostess snack cakes....
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do for the most part. Just in appropriate portions now.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    of course junk foods are a part of life

^This. I just don't eat it as often as I used to.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of snacky junk like chips and candy and soda, but I still eat plenty of fast food and did when I was losing weight too. Just have to keep it reasonable and stay within your goals. For example, I might have a burger, but I'll have it with a side salad instead of fries and diet soda or iced tea instead of regular soda. I tend to eat pretty clean at home and eat more fast food during my work lunches. I have never been one to pack a lunch for work because I don't know what I will have a taste for when the time comes.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "no"........................she says, as she sits here eating a 30g tub of philadelphia chocolate! :laugh:
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Only on my cheat meal day! Once in a while I will have a bite of really good chocolate. If you are trying to lose just weight a calorie is a calorie. However, I firmly believe eating wholesome healthy food is the way to go if you want to be fit and LEAN. Also, the right mix of Carbs/Fat/Protein is important too.:love:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I still eat junk food... just not as much of it at a time =D I eat everything I did before, I just focus more on my healthy alternatives and use the junk food as desert (sometimes planning my whole day around it if it's REALLY important to me LOL)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yep. Just smaller portions.