Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options

Replies

• firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's pretty funny - yeah I still eat junk food. But definitely NOT like I used to, always in moderation and I try to fit it in my goals! However, one thing I don't do is drink, unless I'm specifically planning on drinking. I obssess about bloating, empty calories, eating while drinking alcohol, etc.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate still, just less of it, I stay under my calorie goals. This diet(lifestyle change)would not work for me if I could not have the stuff I love. Do not deny yourself just moderate yourself. I have lost 20lbs in 2 months, so I must be doing something right.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I indulge once in a while...and only if it fits into my daily goal.

This is what I do also.
  • cremeetsucre
    Options
    yes, but I try not to go overboard. maybe just one thing of junk a day.
  • allison_42
    Options
    I eat all the food that I want and love, just in moderation now. I know that if I cut out everything I loved to eat I would probably never stick with this long term. I still manage to lose weight with eating the foods I want, I just make sure to keep it within my caloric intake.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I don't equate a couple of chocolates to being junk food. Going to McDonalds and ordering a meal is junk food. IMHO lol
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Nope!! Nope!! Nope!! M - O - O - N: That spells NOPE!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I still eat the chocolate but I log every bit of it.... so I'm within my calorie goal for the day.... Dark chocolate is better for you if you have to go to the Dark side at all. :wink:
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on your definition of junk food. I consider junk food to be candy, cookies, cakes, fast food, etc.

Yes, I do still eat junk food. Generally, it's 1-2 times a week, and yes I stay within my calories. However, the rest of the time, I am eating healthfully and well within my margins. I'm still losing weight and dropping inches.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 50 calorie or 70 calorie piece of chocolate everyday. I save it until the very last thing in the day and as long as it wont put me over, I eat it. I've been consistent with my weight loss, having lost weight for the entire 25 weeks I've been on this. I wont be able to live a life change if things I like are "forbidden" and cannot be managed in my lifestyle changes. So according to most people I dont eat "clean" but I'm doing a heckuva lot better than I was doing, as I started at 290 and as of last week weighed 218.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I eat junk food everyday single day...in moderation of course. There are many times my elliptical work out was solely for earning the 360 calories my Hostess chocolate donuts was going to cost me. :wink:
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate, ice cream, potato chips and whatever else I want, all in moderation! For the most part I eat pretty clean but if I want something I don't deprive myself and have it I just don't pig out. Pay close attention to serving sizes tho, 1 cupcake is usually around 200 calories and u think yes I can fit it in but what you didn't realize is that there is 3 or 4 servings to that one cupcake!!!!!

^^^ this
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Meeeee. :) I eat whatever I want.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I eat the 100 cal treats or the 60 cal pudding, it satisfies my cravings.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You could put your Easter chocolates in the freezer, than they won't go bad, and than only have some a few times a week!! :wink:
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do! I just don't eat nearly as much of it or as often as I did before, and only when I have left over calories for the day. So, instead of grabbing the whole bag of chips, I measure out a serving size. But I've been eating a Cadbury Creme egg pretty much every day since easter, and I've been losing consistently :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't have to suffer and only eat lettuce until you gain your ideal weight.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Of course, it would be nice if we could be satiated eating salad and fruit but sometimes it is nice to eat junk food. And obviously, 10 weeks of Twinkies is not good for you even if you do lose weight!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I do!! :) And I've lost over 40 pounds. Still gotta watch my portions (I get carried away sometimes), but I don't deprive myself of anything.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    We are looking for healthier yummy treats, like we made a dessert last week from the Eat Clean cookbook, but I still have an occasional candy bar other treat. I just make sure it is one serving and I log it in my diary. If I really want something I'm going to have it, but most days I just want junk food. I really like snacking on fruit, yogurt, nuts, trail mix, veggies, and humus. Single and pre-diet days, those were my snacks of choice a lot of times just because I liked them.
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes. I stay under my calorie goals. While we were house hunting it was virtually impossible not to eat fast food once in a while. It was so darn hot that even foods in a cooler wouldn't stay cold for the several hour drive away to look at houses all day and the several hour drive back. Thank goodness I was still breastfeeding the baby, I have no idea how I would have kept bottles cold enough to be safe if not.