30 ds is killing me!

Options
I started shredding yesterday, I actually finished the entire workout! When I woke up this morning I felt liKe I had been hit by a train, it didn't seem too difficult when I was doing it though. I decided to try out L1D2 tonight and I felt like I was dying...literally! Has anyone else had a relly hrd second day? I'm never good at sticking to things like this

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    YES! Stick to it. By day three, you will be doing a LOT better in the soreness department. Push through, your body needs MOVEMENT and trust me, it helps!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I first started it really kicked my butt. I Take a day off inbetween when things hurt
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yup! Totally! By Day 3 you feel like you are going to die and then by day four you feel like you can do this and you will keep going! And then it starts all over again when you move up a level!

Good luck! It's totally worth it!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    I just had a similar reaction today. I did d2 today too. My knees are cracking and don't feel "stable." My neck hurts, which means I am probably not doing situps right. Those arm lift things are TORTURE!! During the jumping jacks the second time, I can't even get off of the floor, LOL. But I think that's par for the course on day 2. I hear it gets easier as we get stronger. My plan is to just work through the pain tomorrow and hopefully by the next day there will be a new me emerging, LOL.
    Good luck and enjoy! :)
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    YES! Stick to it. By day three, you will be doing a LOT better in the soreness department. Push through, your body needs MOVEMENT and trust me, it helps!

I totally agree. By the third day, you'll feel a lot better!
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. I was sore as heck too at first. Take a rest day. Try again the following day. Stick with it, and after doing the workout 5-6 times, you will see a significant improvement in you endurance. Remember that you don't need to do it every single day, and you don't have to move up a level after 10 days. Do what works for you. Good luck :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Stretch A LOT!!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Believe me your not the first one to feel the pain the next day and second...I could barely walk down the stairs, but I kept going and didn't feel the pain anymore. I'm on the 5th day of level 2 and just feel like I'm getting stronger!!!! You can do it and won't regret it :D
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yup! Totally! By Day 3 you feel like you are going to die and then by day four you feel like you can do this and you will keep going! And then it starts all over again when you move up a level!

Good luck! It's totally worth it!

My thoughts exactly!!!!
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was ridiculously sore after the first day. I could barely walk. I ended up taking a rest day in between. Water, aleve and rest is what helps me.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Stick to it! By day 5 I felt an improvment on endurance. And, it gets better every day. Stick to it and you will certainly see and feel a difference. Wishing you great success!
  • antnterrsmommy
    Options
    just keep it up!!! you will get there!
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I didn't really start feeling sore until D6. I had to take a day off and get back at it. It's not easy but worth the results.
  • Shazzylee
    Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was the same when I first did it. After I did it on the second day, I wasn't as sore and by the third day I felt great so just push through it does get better :) However, If you're in pain to the point where it's difficult to do normal daily activities, by all means take a day off to let your muscles recover. Good luck.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I started shredding yesterday, I actually finished the entire workout! When I woke up this morning I felt liKe I had been hit by a train, it didn't seem too difficult when I was doing it though. I decided to try out L1D2 tonight and I felt like I was dying...literally! Has anyone else had a relly hrd second day? I'm never good at sticking to things like this

It does get better after the third day. I thought the jumping jacks were going to finish me off, but I made it. One thing that helped me, was to pay attention to my breathing while exercising. LOL - sometimes I forgot to inhale.
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    keep it up! It does get better! I felt like I was dying the next day, by day 4 or 5 I was feeling awesome!! Jillian Michaels and I have a love hate relationship....Her Ripped in 30 DVD is grueling!
  • amyinGA
    amyinGA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The 5th day was the first day I woke up not sore. Now I'm sore in my butt and thighs tonight (day7) because I felt stronger and was able to go deeper into the squats and lunges this morning.

It's a good sore, though, makes me feel accomplished :)
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and I'm starting to see/feel upper abs. Not lower, though. I have a bit of fat to lose before that happens.
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day three was tuff especially since I started earlier in the year & stopped. Also because I went to spin class today & did it after so I am tired and sore.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I didn't have soreness my first couple of days... :/ I'm Level 1, Day 8 and now I have soreness. I'm afraid of level two honestly.. Heard a lot of people talking about how killer it is. But stick too it, its so worth it in the end, I already see a difference in my body!