Options
    I feel:

GUILTY
    ANGRY AT MYSELF
    SICK
    BLOATED
    FRUSTRATED
    LONELY

That about sums it up for me. If anything, it is the guilt that is the worst afterwards.
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I never feel disappointed after a binge. After I have the binge, my stomach hates me. Then I stay away from that food for a good 4-6 weeks (McDonalds usually) which is good, because then I don't crave it.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    We all experience the same. For the record I am talking about a BINGE. Eating and drinking a HUGE amount of calories. Getting a burger and fries at 10 at night, ordering pizza, wine wine wine...you get the drift.

I know this is a common problem. I remember going to WW years ago and someone said it is not the 4 or 5 cookies you have that throws you off it is the "well I have already blown it" mentality. How you can blow anything with 4 cookies is beyond me. Yet it seems like that is the prevelant attitude.

So we all agree we feel out of control and crappy, I think we are all intelligent people so how do we stop this. It has to be more than willpower, there has to be something we can do to stop a "binge" in it's tracks!

yes, exactly!!! the "i have already blown it, might as well have some fun and eat what i want" mentality gets me every time! i have been trying to stop them because i am doing a pretty intense workout and can't be overeating when i do it so that has helped... but it still sucks.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Sometimes - guilty, angry, defeated, ill, ashamed, powerless.

Other times nothing - like going into a coma, physically and emotionally.

They don't happen often for me lately, but when they do I just mostly feel angry at myself and try to remedy it with lots of exercise, which can still be an unhealthy way of thinking.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    BINGING, for me, is mostly about alcohol, and when I run off the rails it can be for a few days or weeks. With alcohol, of course comes the desire to eat at unusual times, and any crap will do. This makes me feel:

ILL - at times, to the point I feel pain in my liver
    FAT - the extra weight goes straight on my abdominal area, I don't have excess fat anywhere else
    UNHAPPY - that I have failed in my mission towards better health and fitness
    UNFIT - each binge is a setback in achieving my goals, and my times etc suffer
    DETERMINED - to pull myself together and get back on track

I do a lot of walking, prefering it to the gym (I live in a rural/coastal area). If I slip or trip on a walk, do I stay on the floor? NO, I get up, brush myself off and get back on the path. That's what we all have to do friends, when we slip. Lying on the ground feeling sorry for ourselves is NOT an option we want to consider. Every day is a fresh opportunity, and every yesterday is just that, the past...

Regards, David
  • greenteasky
    greenteasky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible, I feel like I have lost... But I learned not to let that feelings get to me. Just work out little harder today or tomorrow to make up for those extra calories.
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    Reading thru the comments reassured me that I am not alone in those feelings! I feel disappointed in myself, mad and ashamed. It takes me several days to recoop from a binge...
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I feel with my fingers, unless they are too greasy then I might use my toes.

Hahaha, I <3 you!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Failure
    Guilty
    Miserable - physically and emotionally
    Self-hatred
    WTF is wrong with me?!
    Why can't I remember this to prevent me from doing it again?

If anyone can figure this sickness out, please let me know...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sad :sad:
    Depressed :frown:
    Angry :mad:
    Disappointed in myself :grumble:

I feel OLD, bloated, fat, cranky, scared :noway: that I won't be able to get control again, scared that I wiped out all my hard work in one weekend binge. I feel like a hypocrite...for preaching to everyone about a healthy lifestyle and doing the opposite. I generally just wind up beating myself up over it.

Wow, this is a great thread! It's feels really good to get that out :blushing:
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I feel HORRIBLE after! Every single time! And yet, that doesn't stop me from doing it again :(. Sometimes I'll binge every single day for a week or more! And when I do, do I ever eat.
    That's me exactly. Easter weekend was filled with huge family dinners (4 in 3 days!) and chocolate. I was determined to get back on track on that Monday, but I ended up having a whole week filled with more binge eating and pounds of chocolate!!! I'm back on track now, but boy did it ever waylaid my weight loss :(

^Me! Third day back on track. Those 8 days of chocolate, crisps and takeaways SO were not worth it. They are NEVER worth it. Why do we do it?
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    I have been binge free for 10 days!

The last time I binged I had had enough. I was SO tired of feeling like a failure.

When I binge I feel hopeless. I feel like a failure. I feel out of control and defeated. It's so frustrating not having control of your life. I know the next week will be full of bloating and regret. Binges are horrible. Has anyone ever binged and been like "wow, that was good!"? NO. So why do we put ourselves through this?!

Time to start fighting and take control of our lives again! Since being binge free for 10 days I feel accomplished. I feel happy, light, confident, skinny, fit, healthy, and HAPPY. Binges never give me that feeling.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have been binge free for 10 days!

The last time I binged I had had enough. I was SO tired of feeling like a failure.

When I binge I feel hopeless. I feel like a failure. I feel out of control and defeated. It's so frustrating not having control of your life. I know the next week will be full of bloating and regret. Binges are horrible. Has anyone ever binged and been like "wow, that was good!"? NO. So why do we put ourselves through this?!

Time to start fighting and take control of our lives again! Since being binge free for 10 days I feel accomplished. I feel happy, light, confident, skinny, fit, healthy, and HAPPY. Binges never give me that feeling.

i am convinced it is wanting to be in too much control that makes me binge worse. when i start to get "off track" instead of getting back "on track" i just throw in the towel because i feel like all my "control" is broken. but it's not. i can get back "on track" i just have to make the decision that i haven't ruined the day by eating a little more.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I use "fitter" to see when I would hit goal. Every time I cheat, I still log in my weight on that app. So every time I fall back, the date I would hit goal is also pushed back. I would have hit goal in Aug and now it's next year. I've decided to regulate my cheating to only 10% of my diet if I do cheat. For instance, my cals goal is 1439. If I cheat, it will only be 143-144 cals. Nothing over that.

Yeah. I so understand about control. Once I feel like one thing is messed up in my day, I just say screw it. I'm trying to control that better.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Out of control
    Depressed
    Anxious
    Like the old me

Its usually hard to stop myself after one binge because I feel so depressed. Last time I gained 5lbs in a week! I once had a year long binge, but thankfully they get more and more rare as time goes on! I'm normally always dissapointed that they didn't taste half as good as I imagined they would, so feels even more of a waste! Nothing beneficial at all, it doesn't even always get rid of the craving! Just makes me crave it even more, especially if its chocolate! X
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like that BINGE FREE for 10 days!

I am going to try that toll.

Thanks

:happy:
  • XpeargrlX
    XpeargrlX Posts: 21
    Options
    I feel fat, gross, and depressed. I usually eat less and better the next day.
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wonder why I can't stop. Feel powerless. Feel like I can just eat and eat and eat and eat. Doesn't matter that I'm not hungry. I can just keep eating. Also, once it starts, I can't seem to stop it. When I am done I feel anxious and wonder why I just did that to myself.

I am trying to get myself to brush my teeth to prevent or stop......also, telling myself if I still want something 15 minutes later, I will have it......and hope that I won't cave.
  • Tonya509
    Tonya509 Posts: 19
    Options
    Guilty and disappointed in myself.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Very upset that I lost control of my eating/portion sizes