Least favorite 30 DS moves

Options
1235»

Replies

• clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I actually love Level 2 - it's my favourite! Least favourites would be jumping lunges and rock star jumps both of which appear in L3 (hmm, plyometrics seem to be my least favourites in all JM's workouts!). I do love the walking plank and plank rows from L3 though - feel so strong when I do them!

ETA: Oh yeah, chair squats with v raise = pure evil but at least I know I'm nearly done when they come round!

Yes! I felt exactly the same way when I did 30DS. But Jillian and I have broke up. I think because she hates me. But I got the last laugh! I lost quite a few inches and pounds and gained strength that helped when I started lifting weights. For that, I will hold a fond spot for her workouts. She does get results!
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred but it can definitely get INTENSE! I almost cried a couple of times during Level 2! lol

Moves I hate:

Level 1: Anterior raises with the side lunge

Level 2: Chair squats with a v raise (the worst!), plank jacks, plank twists

Level 3: SCISSOR CRUNCHES (OMG I HATE THEM!), plank rows with leg raises, rock star jumps (only because they kind of hurt my ankles)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am on D8L3 and I love it! I never got the hang of the chair squat V raise in level 2 - that was my least favorite move of all! I am finding level 3 to be easier than level 2, and I like the moves SO much better. Hang in there!!!

Level 3 is by far the best!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am on D8L3 and I love it! I never got the hang of the chair squat V raise in level 2 - that was my least favorite move of all! I am finding level 3 to be easier than level 2, and I like the moves SO much better. Hang in there!!!

Level 3 is by far the best!
    I start it Monday. I'm excited that I only have 11 days of 30DS left. :smile! Then on to RI30. lol
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention this already? That moment in L2 when you're doing those horrible chair squats with a v raise and Jillian says "5 more"...that's when I usually want to throw something at the tv. ;-)
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Did someone mention this already? That moment in L2 when you're doing those horrible chair squats with a v raise and Jillian says "5 more"...that's when I usually want to throw something at the tv. ;-)
    OMG ^^^THIS! Hahaha
  • mariposa224
    Options
    OK, so today was my first day of level 3... HATE those traveling push ups... Those and the plank ones with the weights... I forget what that one was called, but... With that one, it's not even the move itself that's so bad for me, at least not yet... The way my weights are shaped, it made my hand hurt as part of my pal kept pressing into the end part of the weight. I'm sure after I do a few more days' worth, I may have other moves that I dislike, but as of day 1, this is what I remember. :) Oh, and the superman ones made my HRM press into my chest & didn't feel very good. lol
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    OK, so today was my first day of level 3... HATE those traveling push ups... Those and the plank ones with the weights... I forget what that one was called, but... With that one, it's not even the move itself that's so bad for me, at least not yet... The way my weights are shaped, it made my hand hurt as part of my pal kept pressing into the end part of the weight. I'm sure after I do a few more days' worth, I may have other moves that I dislike, but as of day 1, this is what I remember. :) Oh, and the superman ones made my HRM press into my chest & didn't feel very good. lol

I LOVED the travelling push ups and the plank rows :) I also like the superman pose! maybe I am just sadistic lol x
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I LOVED the travelling push ups and the plank rows :) I also like the superman pose! maybe I am just sadistic lol x

Well, the plank rows, as I said, it's not that I found the move difficult, the 'heel' of my hand was just pressed really hard against the large part of the weight & it was uncomfortable, as was my HRM trying to press itself into my chest. Hahaha The traveling push ups... Now there, I may have to agree with your determination that you're sadistic! hehehe:laugh:
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Well, the plank rows, as I said, it's not that I found the move difficult, the 'heel' of my hand was just pressed really hard against the large part of the weight & it was uncomfortable, as was my HRM trying to press itself into my chest. Hahaha The traveling push ups... Now there, I may have to agree with your determination that you're sadistic! hehehe:laugh:

Yep I think I am ;-) lol x
  • AislingRA
    AislingRA Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm in level 1 and hate the side lunges with anterior raises. They kill me each time.

Yep me too. Am also getting really bored with doing the same stuff everyday can not wait to move on.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    level 1 - side lunge with a forward raise.

level 2 - i started it last night, so..... the whole thing.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm still on level one, and I just cant do the push ups for the life of me! I have torn ligaments in my left arm and therefore never put pressure on that arm/wrist, what can I do instead? I do try to do them but I suck and it hurts! :)

I also find the side lunge while lifting the weights infront of me very very hard and tend to just use one weight and hold it on each side :P

Try bending your arms so your entire hand/wrist/forearm is on the floor and hold a plank pose instead of actual push-ups.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    My most-hated moves:

Chair squat with V raise
    Double jump ropes

I completed Shred in September and decided to tackle it again. I'm currently regretting not continuing it at least once a week as I can definitely tell I restarted it this morning and will likely have sore thighs tomorrow.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS before, and am currently going through it again- in level one I truly, truly hate the bicycle crunches, but today I did them all for the first time in ages, whoop! Not a fan of push ups either but at least I can do them now...
  • mariposa224
    Options
    level 1 - side lunge with a forward raise.

level 2 - i started it last night, so..... the whole thing.
    lol I kinda felt that way about level 2 as well. I did get to where not everything was completely hated, though. :smile:
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I hate squat thrusts more than anything, anything else seems bearable in comparison though I'm not a huge fan of any of the resistance jump stuff in level 3! I actually like chair squats with a v raise, not sure why they've got such a bad rep in this thread haha. Used to hate pushups because I couldn't do one & had to do them on my knees but now I can do levels 1 & 2 back to back with full pushups throughout, big improvement! Now I need to actually keep going for 30 days.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Level two -

chair squats and V raises - my poor arms can only manage them with tins of beans as weights (I use 3.3lb weights for all other exercises) :noway:

High knees - wow these get my heart pumping, I always have to pause towards the end of 2nd set :embarassed:
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm actually OK with all the exercises/moves, but I get so FREAKING sick of Jillian and hearing the same phrases from her over and over again, and the same super-light bass-pump music in the background. I don't even do the DVD that much (only when I miss boot camp) and I have to wear headphones and put Jilly on mute just to get through it!
    I totally want to turn her off... But, at least in level 2, with all the plank moves, there's a lot of the time where I'm not watching the screen, so I'm afraid I would miss the move changes if I turned the sound off! lol How do you work around that?

hmmm...the hard way. I have to listen to her enough first that I know what's coming next :( but for the plank stuff, I position my body parallel to the TV and just check every once in awhile. If I'm a little late getting to another move I don't sweat it - as long as I keep going! :)

and LOL to the poster who's got JM's phrases down pat. The "I get results" thing kills me. :)