Carbs too high on vegitarian diet

I'm trying to go vegitarian, (fish only for protein) and I am finding that my my carb numbers are higher on MFP. I have been trying to do the carb cycling also. What I want to know is can you lose weight with those numbers being higher than. I am over 50. Any information anyone can gvie me is appreciated.

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    How are you doing on overall calories?
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    vegetable ARE carbs if thats all you eat then of course your carb numbers are going to be very high, but at least theyre complex carbs I guess
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    vegetable ARE carbs if thats all you eat then of course your carb numbers are going to be very high, but at least theyre complex carbs I guess
    Being vegetarian and carbs cycling is almost impossible and personally don't see much point carb cycling anyway. Eat more fish and other protein sources like yogurt for example, if your allowed that is.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    eggs and cottage cheese have saved my life on getting more protein. I'm still a carb *kitten*, though.:frown:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I'm trying to go vegitarian, (fish only for protein)
    Vegetarians don't eat fish.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member

lol. I knew that was coming.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    How are you doing on overall calories?
    Under on calories. Is that good or bad?
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Sorry. I don't know why I thought vegitarians ate fish just not red meat and poultry. I stand corrected. Just remembered it's vegans that eat no meat products whatsoever. So, I guess I am doing a vegetable, fruit and fish diet.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Add me as a friend :) I'm veggie, with fish on occasion, and on my good days I have carbs under control! (as in...the days where I don't go crazy with chocolate!) :) x
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    BTW, you are a pescetarian. :smile:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    pescetarian -- I did it for a while -- you are going to go up on carbs -- I did and now I'm back to eating grilled chicken to avoid that
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    hey, I'm a meatarian. :happy:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    I also find this very hard as I am vegetarian and don't really eat fish very often either. Should one stick to the individual food group limits or the overall daily calorie allowance???
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    you can eat beaver too. its technically a fish.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    This is why when someone says "I'm a vegetarian", people ask if they eat fish. Then the vegetarians get offended because of course they don't. Fish are not vegetables.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Sorry. I don't know why I thought vegitarians ate fish just not red meat and poultry. I stand corrected. Just remembered it's vegans that eat no meat products whatsoever. So, I guess I am doing a vegetable, fruit and fish diet.

Ugh.

Traditional vegetarians eat no meat. Vegans eat/wear no animal products whatsoever.

When I was vegetarian I had problems getting enough protein, getting to many carbs, and the estrogens from so much soy affected my hormones. I'd never be vegetarian again.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    hey, I'm a meatarian. :happy:

:laugh: I'm just your average all around omnivore.
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member

pescatarian is the term I believe she is looking for instead of Vegitarian