so close to giving up!!!!!!!and water weight!

Options
124»

Replies

• plbktwo
    plbktwo Posts: 3
    Options
    oh i forgot to add that we were told to drink ice cold water it helps to burn more fat also ...
  • suzukigrl
    suzukigrl Posts: 71
    Options
    first, maybe you should lose the "all or nothing" mentality. your weight will fluctuate. if you gain a couple pounds, it's not the end of the road. don't say you can't control your choices or you won't be able to. just starting this next meal, do better. eat healthy, exercise and celebrate each little victory. don't go on this downward spiral. stay with it!
  • plbktwo
    plbktwo Posts: 3
    Options
    so true i agree totally with this
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Here's some tools...

www.fitnessfrog.com
    1) Calculate your TDEE, cals to maintain current weight
    2) Calculate your BMR, minimum amount of cals you should be eating
    3) Subtract 500 cals from your TDEE, this is how many cals you should net to lose 1lb/week

Try that for a month and see how it goes. Be honest about your exercise level. That's why I suggest getting an HRM. Helps to make sure you're staying near your target HR during a workout so your cals burned is more accurate.

I am 5' 8, 173 lbs, and my BMR is 1600 cals or so just as an idea. My TDEE is more like 2300 - 2500.

so my bmr 1460 and my tdee is 1999 so i should be eating around 1500 a day to lose a 1lb a week?

Did you account for your exercise when you calculated your TDEE or did you list yourself as sedentary? If you did sedentary then you will need to eat back your exercise cals on days that you exercise.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Deleted post.
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    i did myself as working out 2-3 times a week which is the minumum i do, i dont always work out everyday but i cycle to work 3 times a week which is 8 miles a day
    also i like dont include any extra walking which i now do alot off
    but do include qym sessions (3times) at best and ive just started the 30 day shread but not included that
    sometimes i miss a cycle to work,sometimes i miss gym so surely best to put my minimum levels down?