working out with no equipment! I need ADVICE!

Options
1235»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing fine right now. Dancing is great exercise. Calisthenics (body weight exercises) are also great. Squats, pushups, lunges, jumping jacks, planks, etc. Just do an internet search and you'll find plenty of instructions on how to do them properly.

Jumping rope and hula hoop are also good, though technically those use equipment. But at least it's cheap equipment. You can usually pick either up at a dollar store.
  • Anya143
    Anya143 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dancing is the best workout. You don't need to have any weights. The more you dance the slimmer you get. Just have the best music that you can move under. And don't forget to shower right after it so you can lose that swet in the shower not back into your body.
    Good luck.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Use the child as a weight-that's what I did when mine were that age. Lay her in your arms and lift her like a barbell! Take her to the park and climb up the slides with her. Take her for a walk around the track-when she gets bored make it a chase. Put her on a swing and push her. In between each push do a jumping jack. There's tons of ways!
  • timothyodell27
    Options
    Try this - (I am not an affiliate of this site)

http://www.calisthenicexercise.com/
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Back to the basics: Squats, Lunges, push ups, planks, bicycle crunches, tricep dips....sooo many!! :) I'm sure if you google it you will find a ton! :)

^^^^^
    THIS

Body weight exercises are the way to go, plus walks in the park, pushing the stroller etc. I don't have much equipment, but I LOVE bodyweight exercises and there is PLENTY online that you can look up and then create your own mini workout with.

*If theres a will theres a way... I have 2 toddlers and I just squeeze in the workouts when I can, and you don't "need" equipment.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just havent made it out to buy any and im trying really hard to lose 10 lbs in the next 4 weeks or so since im going on vacation. What is the best way to shed weight? Walking the park is 1/2 mile around so two times around is a mile, at a moderate pace does anyone know how many calories i could burn?

i use www.sparkpeople.com to calculate calories for exercises that don't come up on MFP. install a pedometer app on your phone or something similar that will tell you how fast you're going when you walk.