Advise Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Looking at buying a Polar heart rate montior and am not sure which one? What are your favorites?

Replies

• lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. So easy to use, which is good for me because I'm technologically challenged. ;-)
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wanted the FT7 but hated the colours, so I got an FT4. I love it!!!!! (once I figured out how to lock the buttons during a workout).
    Make sure you check for what you need - not all have interval/lap timing, which some people want.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    FT4 or FT7.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I love my FT7. Best HRM I've owned, my only want from it is a stopwatch or lap timer, other than that... perfect.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    FT4

Love love love love love love love love it!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4! Love it!
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    Great thanks.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    LOVE my FT7 very easy setup and the chest strap is comfortable
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7...great thing except...I`ve only had it 4 weeks and the chest trans battery has died...And can i get the battery out? Nope...Have to take it into a shop.

My old one was a doddle to change.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Check out Polar's website. It will tell you what each type offers and you can pick the one that best suits you. I got the FT40.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I got the FT40 too. I really like it! You can compare on the Polar website.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4. It works really well, and I love the chest strap.

It's also pink, which makes it the best choice ;)
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I just got the FT4. I am in love! I got it off amazon for about $70. Totally worth it!
  • Jennybebop
    Jennybebop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just saw this post as I am setting up my newly purchased FT4. Just received it in the mail - I'm going to use it for spinning this afternoon - will let you know how it goes!!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    FT7
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4!! I think it is one of the only ones that you can change the batteries in yourself.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Hmm, I have the FT7 and I just changed the battery on the wrist unit as well as the chest strap myself (above poster mentioned you have to take it to a shop to change the battery). Maybe I wasn't 'supposed' to but it had 'open and shut' directions on the battery lids so I went ahead and changed those myself.

The FT7 is wonderful! I use it for Kickboxing, HIIT's and similar workouts, couldn't have asked for better in that price range. Very accurate and very comfortable. I would highly recommend the FT7!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've wondered whether to get one of these too but most of my workouts tend to be aqua ones because they a low impact and good fun. Is there one that I could use for swimming or aqua aerobics? And what stops the chest band slipping when you are jumping about? Are they a problem to wear for the bustier woman?
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    FT40.
    i find it very user friendly. i paid $108 for it on amazon.
    It includes a fitness test which you can take while laying down... just another way to determine your level of fitness!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Have a gorgeous RED FT7, and I love love love it!