HELP HELP HELP HELP!! I NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I will tell you this...1200 calories will do nothing but cause somewhat of a loss in the beginning, slow your metabolism down, and when you do finally eat you will hold the weight and the vicious cycle of dieting begins...

This is not always true. It depends on a lot of things, most importantly size. People who are short may not ever need more than 1200 net calories. Other things such as genetics, disease, activity level, etc. can also affect how much you need to lose weight without slowing your metabolism. There is no one-size-fits-all rule to weight loss.
  • CABA01
    CABA01 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi, Season,
    your question was very helpfull for me, a newcommer. Also thanks a lot for the good answers.
    Much progress with loosing fat and not weight for everyone!
    Thanks!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • season0508
    Options
    CABA, Glad this could also help you! I am 5'5 so pretty average height, but I sit at a desk all day for work, so I feel I should keep as low as calories as I possibly can. Today I burned almost 600 cals at the gym, so its showing I get 900 something more calories to eat for the day. There is no way I can do that I might eat 500 for the rest of the day meaning I havent had dinner or anything, but I cant do the 9.
  • season0508
    Options
    I have a second question to add to this. Is it normal to loose inches instead of weight? I can tell 100 percent in my clothing but my weight number I have only lost about 15 pounds but inces are falling off! Anyone else have this problem?