**READ THIS** Figuring out your calorie goals

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    This is so confusing. I'm very overweight so I don't think these calculations can work for me. According to f2f my BMR is 2661 and for the sedentary setting I should be eating 1727 calories. It then gives me a warning saying I shouldn't be eating below my BMR.

There is no way I can eat 2661 calories and lose weight.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • klh021
    klh021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am realizing that I have been eating below my BMR, I eat back most of my exercise cals but it hasn't been enough. Anyway, I am adjusting for that. I read the first post from the original post and tired to do the military body fat calculator. However, I am guessing I did not take my measurements correctly, because it told me my body fat was 40%, which I think is highly unlikely (my profile picture is at my current weight). So can some explain where exactly on the body to take my measurements?
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is so confusing. I'm very overweight so I don't think these calculations can work for me. According to f2f my BMR is 2661 and for the sedentary setting I should be eating 1727 calories. It then gives me a warning saying I shouldn't be eating below my BMR.

There is no way I can eat 2661 calories and lose weight.

I feel the same way. My BMR according to the site 2223 and sedentary is 1739. Yet I know if I go much over 1500 I stop losing weight. I can comfortably eat between 1000 and 1400, I dont feel deprived or starved. I'm a 35 year old female, 5'5 and 328 lbs as of this morning. That disclaimer note they have below the chart may apply to us.

"NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level." from fat2fit
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To lose 10 lbs at 5'3 and 108lbs would make you 98 lbs and underweight for your height. You should probably consider not doing it.