Frustration and loss of motivation

Options
124»

Replies

• G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You didn't get heavy in two weeks, and even Jillian Michaels isn't going to get rid of the weight for you in two weeks. It takes time and discipline. You have lost 16 lbs in 4 months already! That is GREAT!! It's a very healthy rate. And if you are feeling like it is nothing, go to your pantry. Start pulling out canned goods until you have enough to total 16 pounds. Put them in a grocery bag and carry them around for a minute or two. Then set them down. See what a difference it makes? You are doing great work; just don't expect a miracle. Getting fit and losing weight is hard work. If it were easy, you would have already done it. And so would everybody else.
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    I’m not trying to be mean, but your diet isn’t very healthy…, at all. It’s not about staying under a certain caloric number, it’s about living healthy. Sorry…

I was thinking the same thing and was wondering if anyone else had taken a look before replying. OP, you are doing well staying in your calories but pay attention to WHAT you are eating as well. I just see a lot of chocolate, pop tarts, pastries, lattes, chips, cookies, fried food, fast food, etc. No fruits or vegetables. There is nothing wrong with eating the things in your diary, but it shouldn't be what your total diet consists of. I highly recommend replacing some of your meals and snacks with fruits, vegetables, yogurts, proteins, etc. Good luck

Believe me, I know. I just wish I didn't spend over 10hrs a day in a lab studying for finals and the only thing in the building is a vending machine full of junk along with a Starbucks. I've got another week left of this hell before it's finally over. Hopefully once I FINALLY have some time to go grocery shopping, I can stock up on all the tomatoes, cucumbers and grapefruit my fridge can handle. I love healthy food, but when its not available, I'll just eat whatever's in the building. It doesn't help that my college only stocks crap and the cafeteria closes when I get hungry.

And I know you're probably thinking, why not pack lunch/dinner? Well, considering how much time I've spent trying to get a good grade on finals, it's left the fridge completely empty except for some ketchup, a few pickles, and some moldy cheese.

Plenty of excuses, but it's the truth. I've put my education ahead of everything else these past few weeks figuring I'll get my health sorted out after finals are over.
  • kayms13
    kayms13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I’m not trying to be mean, but your diet isn’t very healthy…, at all. It’s not about staying under a certain caloric number, it’s about living healthy. Sorry…

I was thinking the same thing and was wondering if anyone else had taken a look before replying. OP, you are doing well staying in your calories but pay attention to WHAT you are eating as well. I just see a lot of chocolate, pop tarts, pastries, lattes, chips, cookies, fried food, fast food, etc. No fruits or vegetables. There is nothing wrong with eating the things in your diary, but it shouldn't be what your total diet consists of. I highly recommend replacing some of your meals and snacks with fruits, vegetables, yogurts, proteins, etc. Good luck

Believe me, I know. I just wish I didn't spend over 10hrs a day in a lab studying for finals and the only thing in the building is a vending machine full of junk along with a Starbucks. I've got another week left of this hell before it's finally over. Hopefully once I FINALLY have some time to go grocery shopping, I can stock up on all the tomatoes, cucumbers and grapefruit my fridge can handle. I love healthy food, but when its not available, I'll just eat whatever's in the building. It doesn't help that my college only stocks crap and the cafeteria closes when I get hungry.

And I know you're probably thinking, why not pack lunch/dinner? Well, considering how much time I've spent trying to get a good grade on finals, it's left the fridge completely empty except for some ketchup, a few pickles, and some moldy cheese.

Plenty of excuses, but it's the truth. I've put my education ahead of everything else these past few weeks figuring I'll get my health sorted out after finals are over.

You're right--plenty of excuses. There are always going to be stresses in your life, whether it's school, job, kids, relationships, illness, whatever. You can't "get your health sorted out" only when there's no other stress! Eating healthy does take planning and work. But you can do it if you want to. I've been frustrated so many times too. It's taking too long, it's too much work, etc. But quitting and feeling sorry for myself isn't going to get me there either.