Where are all the 20 somethings?

Options
I've been on this site for a little while and have a great support system, but I wish I could find people in similar situations as me! I am 21, and have another 10 lbs to lose! Anyone else around my age with between 10 and 20 lbs left to lose? Let's face it, we're at the age of going out and partying, and being broke! Would like to have some friends that understand my pain of trying to be healthy & fit through these times! :happy:

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Im smack dab in the middle at 25 and have another 10 or so pounds to lose. Feel free to add me :-) I have some great mfp friends and could always use more!
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Going out is the worst! When everyone is drinking and I'm sipping on water it sucks! My diet means designated driver!
  • cbarns
    cbarns Posts: 19
    Options
    24 here. I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 beers if i ever do drink. Red Wine is also good for your heart, and won't ruin a diet.
  • Thwatkins2
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I'm 26 trying to get back to a healthier weight. It sure is easy to put it on, but boy is it f'n hard to get it off....My diet has been the hardest thing to change. Love myfitness pal, i never realized how many calories and sugars i was consuming....love the bar code scanner.

I'm not a big drinker so alcohol isn't my problem. I like to go out to eat and I eat when I'm bored or annoyed.
  • brow2294
    brow2294 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! I'm 23 and just started using My Fitness Pal about a month ago. I also have another 10-12 pounds to go, and I agree with you: it's hard to stay motivated! I'd love to swap nutrition tips and such to keep eachother on the right track. We are so close to our goals :)

-Molly
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    25 here!
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi! i am 20 with ten pounds to lose! Add me!
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 25 and have 40lbs to lose so not exactly in your boat, but would still like to be part of the support system! You have done great job with your weight loss so far!
  • anthony008
    Options
    I'm 25 and have about 10 lbs to go. I can't get past 180lbs but I am well aware of my problem. I try to only party one night a week but for the last month or so, each Saturday has been pretty intense, seeming to negate my 5 day caloric deficit. I'm completely motivated Monday through Friday afternoon but once the weekend actually starts...
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 getting ready to turn 23 in June and have about 15 more lbs to go! I'll send you a request! :-)
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and looking to lose 32lbs - a fair bit more than 10 pounds :P

Well done on your weight loss and best of luck :)
  • ladyarkham
    ladyarkham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and trying to lose another 25 pounds! And congrats on your amazing weight loss so far!
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hear you all too well! I just came back from being a groomsman in my friend's wedding out in Cali....needless to say it definitely threw me off-track for several days. Ah well, like you said, OP, the party life is just one of the hazards of the 20s. Back on track now though, and getting back after it!!

I'm 24 btw and am looking to shred a few more body fat percentage points, so hit me up!
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    25 here. Trying my best to get in the best shape of my life before 26 (Was supposed to happen last year). Feel free to add me everyone! I log in daily.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm not the partier type, but I am getting to the point where I have need to really start getting active and eating better! I am in the 10-20 lb range. Feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for new ones! I offer great support and motivation.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    21 and starting MFP again after having a slight slip-up. I'll add ya! Anyone else in need of friends on here, take a gander at my profile :)
  • hcorbin29
    hcorbin29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and have quite a bit of weight to lose. Partying a bit and eating out a lot really packed on the pounds over the last few years. Good luck to everyone :)
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 with 22 pounds to lose. Not sure if I qualify, but feel free to add :)
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    26 years old and only looking to lose about 20 more pounds, but wanting to do some serious strength training and toning :]
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, will be 22 in July. I am pretty much at maintenance scale wise (only 3 lbs from the goal weight I had set). I'm just working on getting stronger, learning to run distances, & tightening up the belly, hips, & thigh area. Feel free to add.