40 Something - Need to lose 50lbs - Need some buddies!

Options
patty43ck
patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
Just joined today uploaded all my meals today and downloaded the app for my android. I have already been exercising regularly (4-5 days a week) since February and have been very frustrated that I haven't lost much weight. In the back of mind I know it is because I am probably eating more than I should and I need to track it better so here I am. I am hoping that the extra benefit of an online support community will help me as well. I need to lose 50 lbs and I am in it to win it this time.

Replies

• sonya140
    sonya140 Posts: 1
    Options
    need to lose 50 too.Here I go!
  • kerbylin
    kerbylin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there: I joined yesterday. I am miserable and can't seem to think of anything except for weight. I would love to set my mind to it and really lose the weight this year. I am getting to the age where it is difficult to take it off. I completely understand your needs. I would love to work with you in this endeavor and hopefully together, we can not only gain friendship, but get healthy at the same time.

Linda
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Will send a friends request. I am a very young 50 but I have a similar amount tose.
  • patty43ck
    Options
    Well lets do this together. I have lost motivation so many times before but this is the longest I have ever stayed with exercising. I think I have that part down and it has become habit. Trouble is...I just love my food and kept telling myself "I don't eat that much". I think I will shock myself when I actually start tracking it. I think the phone App will help me a lot because there is no convenience of telling myself "Oh I will add it later when I get back home or to my desk". No excuses!!
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me.
  • darleenb
    darleenb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have been exercising regularly with no weight loss. I think I have been under the impression that since I am exercising and eating sensibly (usually), that I should still lose weight. My exercise includes spinning which is pretty intense. Well, I started using the diary last Friday and logging in all my exercise and food intake and was I surprised at how fast I got the my goal calories for the day! This was a real wake up call. I have 25 to lose.... Also need encouragement!!
  • kerbylin
    kerbylin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    25lbs doesn't sound like that much when I am looking at 100. However, I know that 25 is just as difficult at times as 100 so I'm rooting for you! I does help to write everything down as well as emotions and feelings. I am an emtional eater and I know it really takes a toll on which way the scale tips. Good luck!
  • patty43ck
    Options
    Yes, I am a bored eater myself. If my hands aren't busy...I want to eat. Like I am just sitting here at my desk thinking about the snacks that I have in the drawer next to me. They are healthy snacks but I still can't sit here and eat them all day long. It's a mind game that I have to fight against most of my day. I wish I had a job that was outdoors and would keep me busy!
  • cathy620
    cathy620 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Patty,

I have struggled to get extra weight off the past few years and ended up putting more on. My Dr gave me this site yesterday to try, so I am new to. Good luck!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    47 needing to lose over 50lb - have lost 22lb so far :) Feel free to add me! :D
  • irisheyes67
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... thiis is my 2nd week & I Love It !! I was using Weight Watchers site and I like this one even more :-)
  • simmonserica
    simmonserica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am not here to diet, but to make a life change. I no longer want to make excuses for myself. However, I would like some friendly motivation along the way, so if anyone is willing to cheer me on, and in treturn I will do the same for you. Please feel free to add me. I am determined. Yesterday was day one on the new me...
  • getfitin11
    Options
    Hi. I will send you a friend request as well. I set out to lose 46 lbs and have lost 20 since the end of Januray. I find it hard not to snack as well especially with a husband and 3 kids, there are plenty of snacks around my house! But I find the longer I do this, the stronger my mind is because I so badly want to get to my goal weight. This time nothing will stop me.
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined this site a while back but have struggled to stay committed. I need to lose about 70 pounds and I'm sure I'm eating way more than I think I am so hopefully tracking my foods will help me get my eating habits under better control. Please feel free to add me as I could use a few buddies too :)
  • hart4life
    hart4life Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP as well. I want to lose 60 lbs. This seems like a a really great site to track progress and share stories and encourage eachother.
  • donpot
    donpot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined 3 months ago and have lost 23 lbs. MY FITNESS PAL REALLY WORKS! If you log daily you will stop and think before you eat something high in calories because you have to log it. It also helps you see your weakness. Stay motivated. :flowerforyou:
  • shmemeline
    Options
    Add away! :)
  • gamommaof3
    Options
    I'm new to MFP also. I have lost 30 lbs on my own before joining, but looking for tips and supports to lose another 30 lbs or so.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I only have a couple of friends!
  • cmbesse
    cmbesse Posts: 3
    Options
    Joined a few days ago...42 and need to lose 30 pounds. So far, so good but would love to have some friends!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    47 years young... lost about 15 so far, about 48 more to go for my target. Feel free to add me if you want!