40 Something - Need to lose 50lbs - Need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• laze11
    laze11 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am also new and could not believe how much I was eating until I came on here and started loging it all down. Like you I eat when I have nothing better to do. I would love to be your friend, so feel free to make me a friend
    :happy:
  • Kmilky
    Kmilky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me too , I need some motivation to continue I think I am on my thousanth attempt to lose weight I hurt myslef working out and then I lose all focus. :smile:
  • jinlopez
    jinlopez Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi all!!

I'm Jin, from Chicago, and 40 years YOUNG. I've got a good 50-60 pounds I have to lose. I would LOVE love love extra support and motivation, and I promise to be a good cheerleader for you. :-)

I already lost 17 pounds since March 12. I'm up to running 5-6 miles on my treadmill (on an incline, even...) about 5 times per week. My bestie and I just started taking Bikram yoga, too.

Hard to believe how much I let myself go. I used to be heavy into weightlifting and had a pretty decent physique in my 20's and early 30's. Now....all these pounds heavier....I'm so disgusted with myself. But...I'm back on that wagon (er....treadmill) and I'm gonna get that body back, dangit!!

Feel free to add me!!

Jin
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Almost 50 here - ugh! Anyway, I'm still a work in progress, but something that helped me A LOT was a monthly challenge I found back in March. The idea is you set a goal each month of how many miles (or kilos) you will move that month - you can count any movement or a specific movement (for instance, I only counted running miles this month.) It's a group of people who have nothing in common except that we are all in this lifestyle change to win. We motivate each other, push each other, and even try to help each other when we're down or have those "I can't do it times." Anyway, the challenge is open to all, you can view the April challenge here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/563467-april-move-your-ss-challenge

On Tuesday, we reset/re-start everything for May.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    <<--- As you can see my my username, I'm trying to lose 45 before I turn 45 (in November)! I really need to lose 50, maybe even 60 (I'm gonna see what my body fat % is when I lose the 45). Please feel free to add me!
  • Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi all. I will be 54 in May (does that make me the oldest in this bunch? :) ) and need to lose about 75 lbs. I am really in need of support and motivation because I'm having a really hard time of it. Feel free to add me!
  • strelitzia
    Options
    Hi Patti, I'm fairly new to fitness pal also and have about 50pounds to lose too!! I'm in same age bracket and feel at this stage if I don't get a handle on my weight I'll be heavy for the rest of my life and open to all the health risks that go along with carrying extra weight. I've yo yo dieted for years and I'm talking myself up to this being my absolute last attempt at losing and keeping weight off. Best of luck to you, me and all our other dieters, we'll get there!!
  • pamalamadingdong13
    pamalamadingdong13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 40 something too and finding it very hard to shed the weight I used to lose easily :-( I've started using the app on my phone and find it handy to have with me - I didn't realise how much junk I ate!!! Definitely think twice now :-) Haven't got my head round the exercise thing yet but am hopeful! Please add me, I'm new to this and need a bff!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    42 and hoping to lose 50. Add me if you want
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I believe in the take it easy and have fun approach to weight loss. That way there is nothing to burn out on. It's working so far.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I have the same problems.
  • Tresa100
    Tresa100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need to lose 40.
  • MzLisa25
    MzLisa25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    44 and want to lose 50 punds. been a slow journey. add weights, it made a difference. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have already sent you a friend request, I have about 65 LBs to lose and would love to encourage you and anyone else who wants to add me.
  • Sabreeus
    Sabreeus Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome on your new journey i have started coming back today need support, want to encourage you to take one day at a time. Norine
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47 and lost 50 lbs. and kept it off. Now I exercise 6 days a week and that's made a huge difference. Joining MFP and I am 11 lbs. from my goal weight. It was very eye opening when I started recording everything. Add me if you would like or anyone else. MFP has been a wonderful and supportive group.
  • irenedemos
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. Once you start tracking your food intake you will realize how much you really eat and how many calories something can be. You are on the right track to suceed. I also have about 50 more pounds to lose...MFP has been wonderful. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi there from the wet and windy UK! I'm 48 and about half way though a similar journey. The MFP community is great, feel free to add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Michelle here, 46 with about 75 to lose. Would love more friends for encouragement, motivation!!
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Phil here, 47 and my goal is to lose 70. I'm halfway there. All feel free to add me.