To lose one kilo a week burn 7709cals?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    1kg(2.2lbs)/week is healthy weight loss goal.
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I'm understanding.. if 1500 is maintaining me.. Should I then say, eat 1500 as a base, but days that I exercise lets say I burnt 500cals should I then eat 250? So eating 1750 a day WITH exercise? Or if I upped. I ate 1750 as an average, then burn 500 then ate 250 back so make my daily goal 1900 with 500 burned? This last equation would make it 1900 - 500 = 1400 which is above my BMR of 1313.

Am I understanding it yet or getting it wrong because from all the info thrown at me in past topics, this is the message I've been given.

My BMR is 1650.
    I eat 1750 cals a day.

I have a HRM that I use when I exercise.

If I exercise 250 Cals.

I eat 1750 + 250.

So you eat back all your exercise cals? What's your weight loss average a week?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 315 days, and I've lost 23kgs (so approx 2kg a month).

However, I didn't count cals for 3wks at Christmas and for 2wks when I had surgery.

I have a lot more to lose than you though.
  • sazroy
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 315 days, and I've lost 23kgs (so approx 2kg a month).

However, I didn't count cals for 3wks at Christmas and for 2wks when I had surgery.

I have a lot more to lose than you though.

I need to hide my scales. That's my biggest issue :( Daily weighing is messing with my emotions.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I don't own scales.

I weigh myself at the gym once a week.

I also get disheartened when I only lose 400gms or something. But it all adds up so fast. 23kgs in a year is flipping amazing. I KNOW other people have lost a lot faster than me, but my weight goes down every week.
  • sazroy
    Options
    I paused my gym membership, Due to work hours and gym times I really wasn't going enough and couldn't really afford it :/
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So half to 1kg (2.2lbs) is a healthy loss.
    Sarah, do try and do some strength training to limit muscle loss. You will also look better in a bikini if you strength train. Even if you can't get to the gym do some bodyweight exercises at home.

Saving up for more weight at the moment, I only have 1kg ones. What weight would you recommend if I can do 250 bicep curls with no problems on a 1kg lol.. Seriously 1kg weights are mainly for walking but been trying to build muscle with them while saving.

Bodyweight exercises for example, push-ups, planks, pull-ups, squats, step-ups, lunges, etc. Do a search on bodyweight exercises.
  • sazroy
    Options
    So half to 1kg (2.2lbs) is a healthy loss.
    Sarah, do try and do some strength training to limit muscle loss. You will also look better in a bikini if you strength train. Even if you can't get to the gym do some bodyweight exercises at home.

Saving up for more weight at the moment, I only have 1kg ones. What weight would you recommend if I can do 250 bicep curls with no problems on a 1kg lol.. Seriously 1kg weights are mainly for walking but been trying to build muscle with them while saving.

Bodyweight exercises for example, push-ups, planks, pull-ups, squats, step-ups, lunges, etc. Do a search on bodyweight exercises.

Okay thanks!