What did you give up for new exercise routine?

Options

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I gave up on (in no particular order):

Facebook.
    TV.
    Pizza.
    Ice cream.
    Tacos.
    Taco Pizza.
    Sleeping in on weekends.
    Beer (just kidding).
    Coke and Dr. Pepper.
    Bacon.
    I said ice cream already.

I'm sure there's more.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    And how hard was it to give up, or stay away from that other activity to keep to your workouts?

Damn hard, apart from a trainer twice a week I find it really hard to get up to the gym, which is why I have been going around 5pm while I have been at home all day procrastinating.
    Exercising is a hard habit to build, especially after 30 years of avoiding it.
  • cathrynb1
    Options
    TV!
  • KittyHeff
    KittyHeff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i gave up 45-60 minutes of sitting on my *kitten*
    SNAP!!
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gave up Come Dine With Me in the evenings ha! dont miss it x
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    LOL squeeze in something whenever I can :wink: , up early....to the gym whenever I can get there through the day....the beach if it's nice....the treadmill in spare time or at night!? I am missing my walks though....but this is probably something I could fit in if I really tried but then I wouldn't do anything else....hmmm housework is suffering a little :laugh:
    And no it wasn't too hard....I started out walking early in the mornings way back when and actually I really enjoy this....I'm a morning person and very much like being out as the sun comes up.
    The hardest time to motivate for me is the evenings. :grumble:
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

this.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I gave up being lazy!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Watching TV.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    1. my evenings
    2. curly hair - washed my hair this morning but am swimming at lunch time so hair will be up in a pony tail for the next 2 days
    3. Friday evening drinks with work colleagues - no real loss
    4. carrying a handbag - I now permanently sport a rucksack
    5. dignity - I started yoga classes last night and I am so not flexible
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    Extra one hour sleep on a cold, dark morning... But I love my working out anyway. :laugh:
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sleep!
  • avro001
    avro001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bread mostly, and all the delicious dutch toppings that pass for lunch here :)
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I gave up:
    Some time on Facebook
    Some time on the TV (I exercise watching internet TV via my laptop on the exercise bike now)
    My fat habits (sitting on my big backside being one of them)
    Some time with my Friends and Family but they would rather I was healthy than not so they are happy and understand it has to be done.
    My massive portions of midday food ('I can't exercise I am too full' was my go-to excuse for not working out at lunchtime
    Some money - I bought some 2.5 and 5 kg weights

I've lost 12lbs in the last 6 weeks, got fitter, got stronger, have more energy and learned enough to be smart about the foods and portions that work for me, so it's a fair trade as far as I am concerned.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Tv, sleep, and a few big nights! Hard to have a few drinks when you know you've got to get up and run 15kms the next day for your half marathon training!!!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    sleep in the morning and straight hair lol
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    And how hard was it to give up, or stay away from that other activity to keep to your workouts?

Sleep. How hard? It is SLEEP!
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

^^^
    This.
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mornong sleep, and truly not that hard lol
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I gave up:
    Some time on Facebook
    Some time on the TV (I exercise watching internet TV via my laptop on the exercise bike now)
    My fat habits (sitting on my big backside being one of them)
    Some time with my Friends and Family but they would rather I was healthy than not so they are happy and understand it has to be done.
    My massive portions of midday food ('I can't exercise I am too full' was my go-to excuse for not working out at lunchtime
    Some money - I bought some 2.5 and 5 kg weights

I've lost 12lbs in the last 6 weeks, got fitter, got stronger, have more energy and learned enough to be smart about the foods and portions that work for me, so it's a fair trade as far as I am concerned.

I love this person :-)