Best way to get rid of upper butt fat?

Options

Replies

• Tani_LT
    Tani_LT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! I have that problem too. I started doing the Brazilian butt lift videos for like three weeks and saw really good results... but then I stopped because I went back to school and after moving to a new apartment I never saw them again.Anyway, also there are some workouts on youtube ( http://youtu.be/wbdCT4cI6WY )
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you are consuming and you will get rid of fat, unfortunately you cannot decide where it goes from without surgery.

What you can do is to choose where you can build muscle (tone up).

If you look at athletes whose sport focuses on one or two muscle areas, they tend to have bigger arms/legs or whatever they use the most but the little fat they have is generally spread across their body.
  • karma3o3
    karma3o3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I actually don't have any love handles only that stupid hump by my cheeks lol. I am really starting to eat well and exercise everyday. Hopefully that does the trick :bigsmile:
  • Shannonv1
    Shannonv1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    From where I'm from they refer to it as 'table top @$$'.....Can't wait for mine to be gone ;)
  • Leesespieces412
    Leesespieces412 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i have "upper butt fat" too!!!!!! i'm glad i'm not the only one!!!!

i KNOW you can't spot reduce and losing body fat is the only way to go about it... but i really feel like dead lifts and squats have helped with the shape of my butt. it's definitely losing it's squareness LOL
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I call it "upper butt fat" as well! LOL Too funny :tongue: I'm in the same boat as you wondering what exercises can be done to help the area since spot reduction isn't possible...which is totally lame, by the way.Glad to see this got a lot of feedback. Looks like I'll be starting some squats!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Stay at a calorie deficit until it's gone. Haha - I call it my "shelf" and hate it!

Also do butt-toning exercises so that when the fat is gone the booty is in the best shape of your adult life.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just remember that normally when you lose weight it is 'First on, Last off'. Just keep working away at your whole body and it'll reduce. You can't spot reduce!

This^
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and lift heavy weights to get the best results. Squats, deadlifts, and lunges have transformed my butt.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think I just feel better knowing I'm not the only one! I was just hoping that as long as I kept up my calorie deficit and general exercising it would eventually go away. Seems like that might be the case, but it's early days for me yet. Good luck!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the part that actually makes a butt look pretty?

I mean, people without the upper butt fat are the ones with the "flat" *ss?
  • MeliWeli619
    Options
    I have it too Mija did you find a way to get rid of it
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    my mother called that part of my butt my coffee table. even told me once i lost it that she was even starting to wonder if she could rest her tea cup on it. gotta love moms! i started running got rid of it that way.
  • normabeezy
    normabeezy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's a little late but hopefully will be helpful to someone. I searched for this same term upper butt fat, but I call it a picnic table or camels humps, they are pieces of fat right on the sides of your lower back waist area. I'm doing treadmill walking on an incline or u can do a stair master. press the humps with your fingers when you start the the exercise so you can feel the exact area that will be burned. You can feel the "fat humps" flexing as you walk or climb. With repetitiveness, you can burn it off. Other toning exercises will probably speed up the process.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Shannonv1 wrote: »
    From where I'm from they refer to it as 'table top @$$'.....Can't wait for mine to be gone ;)

OMG I had one of those too. Im glad its gone.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    karma3o3 wrote: »
    Lol I couldn't think of what else to call it. I even Lol'd at the expression.

i know the stuff that you mean. made me laugh.

people are right that the fat's just the fat and if it's there then that's where it is. but fwiw, a while ago i had to go on a pretty serious campaign to strengthen my glute medius muscles, which lie pretty much in that zone. if nothing else the squareness factor improved.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    pedalman wrote: »
    Sure.....scissors.....lay.on.the.floor, palms.by.your.side....lift.both.legs.6.inches.off.ground.then.keeping.legs.straight, alternate raising and lowering left leg then right....do not let either touch grond.....start with 30 seconds.....works quads n upper butt
    You can't exercise areas to just spot reduce them with any significance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nearly five years ago....
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    pedalman wrote: »
    Sure.....scissors.....lay.on.the.floor, palms.by.your.side....lift.both.legs.6.inches.off.ground.then.keeping.legs.straight, alternate raising and lowering left leg then right....do not let either touch grond.....start with 30 seconds.....works quads n upper butt

Are you a certified personal trainer? If not you really shouldn't be creating misinformed workout plans for others. Training has ZERO effect on weight loss. It all depends on how many calories you are consuming.

Op to lose your extra fat eat in a consistent prolonged caloric deficit and that is all you can do
  • cassiopeiastarluv
    Options
    fitby38 wrote: »
    upper butt fat?? LOL!!! i dont think ive heard that expression or term before.
    fitby38 wrote: »
    upper butt fat?? LOL!!! i dont think ive heard that expression or term before.

It's unproportionate visceral fat on the Gluteus medius while the maximus is much flatter. You haven't heard of it because is EXTREMELY RARE.