5 ft 8 Girls whats your Goal Weightt

Options

Replies

• lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's harder being taller than most women that I see on a daily basis. I have a very skewed body image of what I THINK I should look like and it's just taken me awhile to realize that no matter how much weight I lose, I should not, nor will I ever be a size 0 or a size 2 because that's just not my body structure. The number I see on the scale will never be what I THINK it should be, but being healthy is ultimately what it comes down to, and healthy for me I think would be 145? Somewhere around there.

Awwww...... >> massive hug <<

At 5"8, I am not considered a giantess but when I went to Hong Kong, I felt like Godzilla among all those tiny petite girls. It was impossible for me to get clothes for women so I ended up buying men's clothes which the market traders thought was hilarious.

I love being tall, I love long pairs of jeans, I love wearing heels (albeit not for very long) I love having legs that skirts do not look awkward on as they do for a few of my shorter friends. I love going into M&S and getting cords that are 'Long'. Do you know how many girls have said to me that 5"8 would be their ideal height? (even Kate Moss is only 5"7 - the squirt! :laugh: )

Seriously, yours is a height that loads of women think of as the ideal. Walk tall and love it is my motto.

So we will never be a size 0. So what? Let's leave those sizes to the small boned squirts, we will be tall and strong and proud (and me 85lbs smaller :)

Amen! I looooooove being tall. And women always say they wish they were my height, so i guess it's just each woman's personal preference.
  • duchessme
    Options
    I am currently 138lbs hoping to get to 130lbs. Am currently in UK size 10 (6 US size I think) bottoms and 8 tops.
  • mlhandsmp
    mlhandsmp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    155, but I gotta say if I ever seen 165 I would still be happy as a clam!
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and as I get older I find that I can't get "too thin" or I look gaunt and unhealthy. I feel I look best in the 170 - 180 range, as long as I am toned and have lean muscle mass.

Same here! My goal was 130-135 which was college weight, I'm now 140-145 and dear husband keeps asking me to put 5-10# back on. I'm more fit/muscular than ten years ago, and he thinks my face looks to drawn at this weight.
  • scarlieoh
    scarlieoh Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'7, sorry, but my goal is 135. that's still pretty small since I'm nearly 180 now and I don't really look very overweight, so I'm actually not interested in being any skinner than 130 since I think that might be toooo skinny, but I guess we'll see.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and started at around 184 pounds in January. I am down to 168 now and would like to get to about 160. The lowest I've been after having a child was 155. That was hard to maintain, and I was cooking meals for my family and having to eat something different myself. My current measurements are 38-32-41. You can see my shape in some of my pictures, for reference. Friend me if you want. Good luck :)
  • doylej2
    doylej2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 161 lbs. I'm still at 31% BF though so I think my goal would be about 145lbs. Need to get that BF% down...
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    180 at the moment and going for 135!
  • apinthecosmos
    Options
    I am 5'8'' and small frame.
    Current: 154lbs, Size 8, BF 27.5%
    Goal: 140lbs, Size 6, BF 24%
  • albhd4
    albhd4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'8 and a large frame, currently at 210 and my goal weight is 160 (less would be fantastic though!) :)
  • alikatu
    alikatu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Currently my goal is 150 at 5'9, but my ultimate goal is prob. 140.

My EXACT answer!!!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Same.
    My skeleton weighs more than 110, so I'm going for something more like 140.

^ROFL--true story. I have 110 pounds of lean body mass, so 110 would be quite fatal for me! Right now I'm going for 141 and an estimated 23% body fat percentage--after that I might go for 20% and get into the high 130s, but never lower than that. (And according to the wrist test, I have a small frame, which I would never have believed when I weighed 185 pounds; my mom always told me I was "big-boned" because she is, but I inherited my dad's bone structure instead.)
  • Thomakk
    Thomakk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'8" and shrinking as I get older. Ugh! Think I'm closer to 5'71/2" now. Anyway, my current weight goal is145, but my real goal is to comfortably get into a size 10 again. That might be closer to 140.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 & my goal weight is 126-130lb.

I used this height-weight ratio chart to work this out before setting out to lose weight: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-living/Pages/height-weight-chart.aspx

cos otherwise I had no idea what my goal weight would be. I just wanna lose this belly! although I would be happy to just be able to fit into a size 10. (currently at 16)
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Currently weigh 139 pounds and my goal weight would be 126-133...

Although I am tall I carry most of my weight on my legs and arms, therefore giving off the image that I am quite 'chubby' although I don't actually weigh a lot!

Ideally want to lose 10 pounds and tone up but its proving very diffiucult with a healthy BMI..
  • teimo
    teimo Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and haven't seen 140 since I was in my 20's (now 40). I'd be happy with a toned 147 ish... maybe lower if I can.
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 186 lbs with 30 % body fat & measurements 40-32-43. I think what people should focus on more is body fat percentage because that is what effects how you look. I would like to be at 170 with 22% body fat. Hopefully I don't loose any muscle. It's all about the body fat.
  • shellykinder
    shellykinder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 my goal is 199 on MFP because I havent seen 100's in far toooo long!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5'8
    I have a medium frame. I was at 140 lbs at one point but I was too skinny. I'm currently at 190 and a healthy weight would be 165-170
  • sheebyweeby13
    Options
    Im 5ft 9, but im hoping to get too 130. Maybe thats too little? I dont know. But its what im sticking with. :smile: