Replies

• Caramel2610
    Caramel2610 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    One of the HUGE reasons for my being fat was/is...laziness! Many of us like to use justification and "crutches" (no matter how legit they may be), as an excuse for "petting, nursing and allowing" a lazy slothful attitude/spirit to rule and reign in us and thus is a main contributing factor for us being FAT (well..again, that's MY main reason anyhoo). ...

Minds, like bodies, will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort. ~Charles ****ens

Poor Charlie. They cut out his name. Too bad :cry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm still lazy. I loathe exercise with every fibre of my gradually decreasing being.

That. Except after doing it for so long, working out has pretty much become a habit. Usually, I work out 6 days a week. Sometimes, if I want to take an extra day off, I often have to talk myself into it. I was thinking of taking a day off yesterday because I had only gotten 5 hours of sleep and my shins were sore, but I just couldn't do it. I put my workout gear on and got it done (my shins actually felt better afterward).
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    I used to go to bed at 8:30pm, get up around 6 or 7am and take pain pills that made me sleep until 10 or 11am. Then I'd get up, watch a few soaps on tv, get on the internet and eat off and on all day. Somedays I never even got dressed because my clothes were so uncomfortable. Exercise was walking to the mailbox or letting the dog out the gate to run in the field, while I watched her do it. I was so bad that even when I went camping, I'd take naps during the day!
    I got so fat that I could sit my coffee cup on my stomach while using my laptop!

Now I can hardly sit still except in the morning when I'm on here, having coffee. I've lost over 30lbs, I no longer need the pain pills and I take the dog for 7-8 mile hikes! I feel soooo much better and wish I would have done this years ago.

Now off for my walk... :)
    WOW! You are ME!!.....or I am YOU!:tongue:
  • Imawonder
    Options
    Ok, read through the entire thread. Now getting dressed to go do that three mile walk uphill I keep telling myself I'm going to do! It is a challeng I have thought about for the last five years. Today will be the day I quit saying someday! I'll check back in when I get home!:laugh:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You can't get the *kitten* you want by sitting on the *kitten* you have.

Plain and simple, you have to want that leaner *kitten* more than you don't want to do anything.

For me, getting started was a matter of not making it optional. I knew if I let myself go home from work and ask myself "do I want to go to the gym?" I would NEVER say yes. So, I decided that I was not allowed to not go. My rest days were just slow elliptical for half an hour, but the important thing was that not going was never ever an option. I had to go before work if I had something to do after work or skip a social event if I had to. Gym being closed... NOT an excuse, run outside, do circuits, take a long walk with a friend. TOM... NOT an excuse. Still had to put in at least 20 minutes. If I was still miserable after 20 minutes, I could leave without guilt. For 6 months I went to the gym every single day. Now I live a more active life and skip the gym sometimes in favor of other things, but except when I'm truly sick, like can't go to work sick, I get in daily activity.

Boyfriend thinks it is a bit selfish because I still sometimes I do have to put the gym over him, but I just try not to let that deter me. I'm so much happier being this girl, that someone cannot both love me and not want me to continue doing what I'm doing.

I love your quote can I steal it? Lol
  • Imawonder
    Options
    OKAY....I am BACK! First of all, this may be a lengthy post so I apologize. Secondly, I want to say a really BIG THANK YOU to everyone who posted here for getting me off my lazy butt today!. I live near Seattle, WA so we don't have very many really GREAT days to be outdoors. Today was one of them. Without this post, I would have wallowed in my misery of depression and loneliness and stayed on the couch all day. I would have missed this absolutely BE-A-UTIFUL day we had!

Thanks to all of you, I can now say my "someday" has become a thing of the past! I DID IT!!! Today, I looked at all the evil monsters lurking in my psyche; depression, postmenopause, hypothyroidism, LAZINESS, and fear, and kicked them ALL in the *kitten*!! Whoohoo!

Turns out it was actually 3.6 miles roundtrip! My "side" of the walk begins with the toughest part, a 3/4 mile walk all uphill. Whenever I started getting tired, I kept hearing your voices telling me I could do this, and I did!

I have spent my entire life in the shadows; usually my oldest sister who was always the "prettiest" of the girls and definitely the smartest. My nickname was Fat Cat while my other sister was Skinny Minny (this from as early back as I can remember). Then there was my stepsister who was one year younger than me and pretty much my best friend through high school. She was definitely the most beautiful.....and SKINNY. I was ALWAYS compared to her, and never could compete. I wasn't "ugly" or "homely", I just couldn't compete with her. The guys I liked invariably liked her. I wasn't "fat" in high school. In fact, when I was 16, I weighed 120 pounds. But my body shape didn't compare to hers. I have ALWAYS felt "less than" in life.

I have always been afraid to try because I am afraid of failure. I am about to turn 52, have four kids, and work full time. I'm tired of being afraid. I'm tired of feeling I can never be good enough. I'm tired of being TIRED! I want to LIVE before I die!! My dad, whom I loved and adored, died of a massive heart attack at age 65. He was morbidly obese most of his adult life. I don't want to die at 65; I will have barely retired. I want to live for my grandkids. I have THE MOST adorable grandson EVER (no I am not prejudice, he just IS):love: He is only three months old. I want to play with him, not watch him play.

Thanks to all of you, I KNOW I CAN DO IT! When I die, it isn't going to be because I'm morbidly obese and LAZY! Have a wonderful day and just keep on keepin on!:drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    OKAY....I am BACK! First of all, this may be a lengthy post so I apologize. Secondly, I want to say a really BIG THANK YOU to everyone who posted here for getting me off my lazy butt today!. I live near Seattle, WA so we don't have very many really GREAT days to be outdoors. Today was one of them. Without this post, I would have wallowed in my misery of depression and loneliness and stayed on the couch all day. I would have missed this absolutely BE-A-UTIFUL day we had!

Thanks to all of you, I can now say my "someday" has become a thing of the past! I DID IT!!! Today, I looked at all the evil monsters lurking in my psyche; depression, postmenopause, hypothyroidism, LAZINESS, and fear, and kicked them ALL in the *kitten*!! Whoohoo!

Turns out it was actually 3.6 miles roundtrip! My "side" of the walk begins with the toughest part, a 3/4 mile walk all uphill. Whenever I started getting tired, I kept hearing your voices telling me I could do this, and I did!

I have spent my entire life in the shadows; usually my oldest sister who was always the "prettiest" of the girls and definitely the smartest. My nickname was Fat Cat while my other sister was Skinny Minny (this from as early back as I can remember). Then there was my stepsister who was one year younger than me and pretty much my best friend through high school. She was definitely the most beautiful.....and SKINNY. I was ALWAYS compared to her, and never could compete. I wasn't "ugly" or "homely", I just couldn't compete with her. The guys I liked invariably liked her. I wasn't "fat" in high school. In fact, when I was 16, I weighed 120 pounds. But my body shape didn't compare to hers. I have ALWAYS felt "less than" in life.

I have always been afraid to try because I am afraid of failure. I am about to turn 52, have four kids, and work full time. I'm tired of being afraid. I'm tired of feeling I can never be good enough. I'm tired of being TIRED! I want to LIVE before I die!! My dad, whom I loved and adored, died of a massive heart attack at age 65. He was morbidly obese most of his adult life. I don't want to die at 65; I will have barely retired. I want to live for my grandkids. I have THE MOST adorable grandson EVER (no I am not prejudice, he just IS):love: He is only three months old. I want to play with him, not watch him play.

Thanks to all of you, I KNOW I CAN DO IT! When I die, it isn't going to be because I'm morbidly obese and LAZY! Have a wonderful day and just keep on keepin on!:drinker:

Say WHAT?!!???!!!!??? WHAT???????!!!!!!!!??????

YOU. ARE. MY. SHERO:love: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can NOT tell you how much I admire you and this, your utterly COOL post here has positively inspired me and has/is made/making me smile from ear to ear. You my dear ROCK-period. Girlfriend...I'm telling you, you are one amazing Chica and i'm so proud of you!

{{{{ :heart: Hugs :flowerforyou: & :flowerforyou: High Fives :heart: }}}}

P.S.

You so ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Imawonder
    Options
    LOL..you are making me cry! Thank you for your support. Without this post, I may NEVER have had the courage to try!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    LOL..you are making me cry! Thank you for your support. Without this post, I may NEVER have had the courage to try!

{{{{{{ :drinker: HUGS :drinker: }}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Do this plan if you're lazy or out of shape and you need an easy way to start off working out and… You want to gradually increase your fitness level to help you lose weight faster. Your free 95 day weight loss workout plan… (excerpt)

How to use this free weight loss workout program…

This is a 95 day weight loss workout program where you go thru 7 phases burning more calories & losing more weight as you move from phase-to-phase &…

Here's how the 7 weight loss phases are broken up…

Phase
    Intensity level
    workout time

ANY
    15-45 minutes

Moderate
    30-60 minutes

High
    30-45 minutes

Moderate or High/Low
    45-75 minutes

Low or Moderate OR Moderate or High
    60-105 minutes

Moderate or High
    45-60 minutes

Moderate or High
    60 minutes

See website for all details...here:

http://www.nowloss.com/free-weight-loss-workout-exercise-program.htm

You can see above that both the workout time & the intensity level of your workout activities will vary as you move from one phase to another so you can easily lose more weight and…

You can do any of these weight loss activities here or…
    You can do any of the tougher weight loss workouts here while on this weight loss workout program and…

All of the phases on this weight loss program last for 15 days except for phase 1 which last only 5 days and…

In Phase 1 of this workout program is the only phase where you can do any kind of activity that you choose even if it's just cleaning your house or washing your car because…

The purpose of phase one is to get you started doing some kind of activity for at least 15-to-45 minutes a day and…
    In phase 2 of this weight loss program you are limited to the number of days you can do a low intensity activity and…
    For phases 3-to-7 you have to do at least one moderate or high intensity workout each day and…
    Before you can go on to another phase, you must workout for a certain amount of time in that phase so for example…

In the five days of phase 1 you must workout for a total of 90+ minutes before you can go on to phase 2 and…
    If you don't workout for the required amount of time in that phase then you have to start that phase over plus…
    You have to workout or be active everyday on this 95 day weight loss workout plan so for example… In phase 1 You can't workout 90 minutes in one day and then go to phase 2 and…

For the rest of this 95 day lazy way or outta shape way of exercising plan...you must go here:

http://www.nowloss.com/free-weight-loss-workout-exercise-program.htm

Woot!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bumping for my LAZY self! :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!