Ladies......

Options
Jipples
Jipples Posts: 663 Member
.......let's assume that when you're at the public beach or pool, you wear a one-piece or a bikini. Should you happen to be wearing the same suit at home.....maybe you're trying it on, maybe you're outside tanning....whatever. If someone would happen to knock at the door, would you cover up before answering the door?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Yup, but I cover up at the beach/pool too unless I'm actually swimming.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes...

Then again, I only DON'T cover it up anyway when I am actually in the water - otherwise, a towel or sundress or something goes over it.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes I would!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yes, because with my luck, it would the religious people that come to the house every so often to give us pamphlets.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.
  • mandyclark117
    Options
    I would cover up! But then again I normally wear some sort of board shorts with my 1 piece anyways..
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Probably not...I've answered the door in a swim suit several times, because if it's summer time, during the day, and I'm at home, I'm either about to head to the pool or I've just gotten back from the pool (I live in an apartment, pool is literally right behind my building).
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.

Whoa... can we back up to where MY Ginger was a Mormon missionary for a sec??
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha that's hilarious. I mean, probably not for you, it's probably actually kinda rude, but the thought that somebody would do that on purpose is funny to me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    pretty sure I would
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the shower with being wrapped in a towel!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no way
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'd cover it up.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Probably not.
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    nope. i answer the door in my sports bra all the time actually i wear it around when i have company, no biggie
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Where did you serve?

I served in Argentina and the culture there is a bit more, ah, liberal than here in the States...
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Yes, with my luck it would be Jack the Fricken Ripper.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is actually very funny to me. I parade around in a 2 piece for a week on vacation at a resort, but at home, I probably would cover up before I answer the door. But only if I had been just trying my suit on or something. If I was in the backyard playing with the kids in the pool, then I would probably not worry too much about it.

Bizarre how we work.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yes, because with my luck, it would the religious people that come to the house every so often to give us pamphlets.

What? Give them the show of their lives!