Ladies......

Options

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would cover up....

Hmmm, maybe unless I had a sexy neighboor I was trying to seduce... but then again, pretty sure I'd at least put on a skirt/shorts.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.
    i personally think that is a very rude thing for them to do. I don't do that to the jehovahs witnesses that come by my door or anybody of any religion.

i personally would have already had a cover up on. I put on my suit, then cover up. but i also wear a tankini and board shorts so its basically a tank and shorts (although i still wouldn't wear those as regular clothes personally)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.

same here from a former JW, guys will answer the door naked just to fluster the women.

When I was 8 years old, I was knocking on doors with my mother and a man answered the door mid jack-off and at first he was startled to see me there but then decided to stick to his original plan and just kept stroking.

some people are exhibitionists.
    Some people are mischeivous.
    Some people consider a bikini to be clothing and dont think its a problem (me)
    Some people believe in the courtesy of modesty during face to face interactions.

to everyone and each their own

Hrmmm.... was he good looking?

I was 8... he looked like a man who was trying to traumatize me. How many penises would I be familiar with at 8?
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

I may or may not have had this happen to me last summer.... And for the record, no I don;t cover up.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    I would cover up
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that people think it's rude to answer the door IN YOUR OWN HOME to a complete stranger who you're not expecting while wearing a bathing suit.

How in the universe is that rude?

Now,t he guy jerking off in front of an 8-year-old is another story ...
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options

same here from a former JW, guys will answer the door naked just to fluster the women.

When I was 8 years old, I was knocking on doors with my mother and a man answered the door mid jack-off and at first he was startled to see me there but then decided to stick to his original plan and just kept stroking.

some people are exhibitionists.
    Some people are mischeivous.
    Some people consider a bikini to be clothing and dont think its a problem (me)
    Some people believe in the courtesy of modesty during face to face interactions.

to everyone and each their own

Hrmmm.... was he good looking?

Omg it doesn't matter if he was good looking.. she was EIGHT! I'm sorry that happened to her. :/
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    nope. My suit is designed for camping in 100 degree summers at the lake. We jump in and out so I pretty much live in my suit. Myn suit is a tank with shorts so it makes it unnecessary. My fat arms are not a source of joy for anyone but I care not in that type of situation
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I would throw on a pair of shorts or a skirt, but the bikini top would be enough for me to answer my door.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always cover up in a bathing suit. However, when I was nursing my kids, I would answer the door without covering up. Had a lovely conversation with the Mormon missionaries that were at the door...one of them had a 3 month old baby sister. Anywho, I figure if my personality doesn't scare people off, my body probably won't. I just think my bathing suit is ugly.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If I was in a bathing suit and had to answer the door, I'd cover my legs. I do the same thing if I'm in a nightgown regardless of whether it has sleeves or straps. My legs at current are gross, so. But usually I poke my head only out the door unless it's someone I know, the UPS guy needing me to sign for something, or the odd ministry person looking to pass on the word of God. Really as long as the essentials are covered and I don't look like I'm possibly naked behind the towel/blanket/whatever then I'm good.

As for the whole people answering the door naked for Missionaries... that's gross. I'm not a Christian, I'm not interested in the faith, but damn if I won't at least show that person some respect. That's not easy work. Plus really what does that say about that person that they would bare all at a stranger in an attempt to get them to leave? A simple "sorry not interested" is all you need to do, not flop your body parts all around. Blech.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Every night, missionaries pray for these stray moments of nudity to occur.
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, because with my luck, it would the religious people that come to the house every so often to give us pamphlets.

Too funny! That would be my luck too!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I find it funny that people think it's rude to answer the door IN YOUR OWN HOME to a complete stranger who you're not expecting while wearing a bathing suit.

How in the universe is that rude?

Now,t he guy jerking off in front of an 8-year-old is another story ...

I might be wrong but I think it's more a matter of what state of undress are you in and your comfort level with opening the door with just that on. A one piece is pretty simple, it's covering everything but limbs, a two-piece or bikini is debatable since some show more than others and everyone has a different definition of naked/inappropriate when it comes to that. Some would find it rude, like if you came to the door in nothing but your undies. I think some just expect a certain level of decency, hence the question involving the bathing suits.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    .......let's assume that when you're at the public beach or pool, you wear a one-piece or a bikini. Should you happen to be wearing the same suit at home.....maybe you're trying it on, maybe you're outside tanning....whatever. If someone would happen to knock at the door, would you cover up before answering the door?
    Wow. A thread titled "Ladies..." started by a guy with a username that has to be in the top ten most awesome and laugh-inducing usernames on MFP ever... and while we're not delving into astrophysics or political discussion, it's actually a thought-provoking, non-innuendo question. Did not expect this.

Bravo, Jipples. (for the thread, and providing me the opportunity to type the sentence "Bravo, Jipples.")

I can't really answer this question because I always wrap myself completely in foil before answering the door at my house. Tangentially related to the conversation: I lived with a girl who was awakened by a work crew early on a Saturday one morning and she stormed out to yell at them with nothing on by her glasses. I asked her why she did that and she said "nothing will get a group of men to stop what they are doing and pay attention faster than a naked woman yelling at them."
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Depends on who is at the door.
    Creepy service guy. . . .yes.
    Female neighbor friend. . . .nah.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Yes, I would! Lol don't want just any ole body looking at my body :smile:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the shower with being wrapped in a towel!

Amen! lol
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nope... heck I have answered the door in my bra and pajama pants.. I figure my swim suit covers enough that I shouldn't have to cover up..