Homemade ranch dressing... 23 calories per serving!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    pumped to try this! to quote my college self: "I would eat a mudpie if it were fried and dipper in ranch dressing."
  • tmtknox
    tmtknox Posts: 1
    Options
    I make mine with a 32 oz package of plain yogurt (not greek) and 2 Hidden Valley Ranch packets. I get the same serving/calorie results. I skip the milk because i like mine thick. I took it to work ( I work at a "wing" restaurant) and now the employees, as well as customers, are asking for the recipe. :happy:
  • scrapbooknut1947
    scrapbooknut1947 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Does anyone on here like ranch dressing as much as I do? Before I started on here, I would put it on EVERYTHING.. And it's so bad for you!! I found an awesome recipe for some homemade ranch and it is really good and so easy to make! You only need 3 ingredients and a canning jar or some other kind of container with a lid. Just whisk the following ingredients together:

1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup 1% milk (A little less if you like a thicker consistency)
    1 packet Hidden Valley ranch mix (They have different flavored ones, too!)

And BAM! You have some tasty ranch dressing for a fraction of the calories!

Note: If you don't like the tangy-ness of greek yogurt, you might not like it, because, well... it's mostly greek yogurt. I'd suggest giving it a try though!

I've mad eit this exact way before, it's so good!! You can make it thick for dipping carrots and spreadin gon sandwiches (what I did), or thin it out and put it on salad!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I just made it for 9 calories a serving....I used Dannon Nonfat plain yogurt- 1 cup- and unsweetened Almond Milk -1/4 cup-and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk!!
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    bump
  • Qwyjib0
    Qwyjib0 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great recipe...thanks!
  • 125by125
    125by125 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • 125by125
    125by125 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just made it for 9 calories a serving....I used Dannon Nonfat plain yogurt- 1 cup- and unsweetened Almond Milk -1/4 cup-and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk!!

This is awesome.